Esteemed Contributor

Re: Banana Republic's Linen Dress

Buffalo brown version ... I would need a tank ... maybe w/ ivory or white tank I could pull off this color. I love it.

brown linen dress.PNG

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

If you can wear an 8 or below, their factory level has a skirt very much like the dress.  The 40% is on the Factory store now.  If their Factory division is "fast fashion" I won't buy.

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

I would suggest a navy or black tank to keep the tank from being a focal point.

Or this stretch lace cami, Amazon, ariund $14.00.

PURE STYLE Girlfriends Women's Camiflage Breathable Stretch Lace Half Cami

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of the empire waist. The dress has too much material and makes the model look heavier than she is. Also the length is matronly.🥺

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Not a fan of the empire waist. The dress has too much material and makes the model look heavier than she is. Also the length is matronly.🥺

@Trinity11 

Clearly, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 

As an "hourglass" that you have often shared in your posts @ECBG , I think a dress with a defined waist would be most flattering. The empire waist, somehow, seems out of proportion. No need for all that material. Why not highlight your assets? 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 

As an "hourglass" that you have often shared in your posts @ECBG , I think a dress with a defined waist would be most flattering. The empire waist, somehow, seems out of proportion. No need for all that material. Why not highlight your assets? 

@Trinity11 

Yes I am (an hour glass), so I can easly wear this because of my upper torseau.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 

@Trinity11 

Yes I am (an hour glass), so I can easly wear this because of my upper torseau.  

Not to belabor my point @ECBG but your natural waist will be about 2 inches below and will not be defined. Of course you can wear this dress but the proportions are more for an apple shape, where the fabric gently glides over the waistline. (Since you are a stylist at Talbots, this is good information to know)

Honored Contributor

Cute dress. I'd have to try it on because it looks like a lot of material to get lost in. I really love the white. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG  This is summer personified, LOVE IT!!!!!  It looks cool and crisp, just right for a Mississippi humid day!