Esteemed Contributor

Re: Banana Republic Washable Silk Shirt

I still do silk, a nice weight of fabric is wonderful.

Silk, and wool, can be washed.  Always could. As a teen I washed wool sweaters and skirts.  When I started work, silk was the way to go.

Honored Contributor

I like this shirt in all the prints & colors. Not sure which one I like best. I don’t own any silk. I used to have a few silk blend fine gauge sweaters.

Honored Contributor

I've hand- washed silk blouses with no problem.  Mild, unscented liquid detergent.  Lay flat or hang to dry.  Hang with a towel underneath the blouse over the hanger.

Some silk scarves (from years ago) have bled in the water.  But, once dry, not noticeable at all.

I lay scarves flat on a wooden standing drying rack.  Over a thick towel, same as with delicate silk blouses, if not using a hanger.

Love these choices, btw.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

There is a company I found online called Quince that sells a washable silk blouse with a collar for $60. It has 10 percent spandex

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I love silk.  It's one of the few "natural fibers" we have.  Not sure about washable, because I've never owned any.  I do like the colors of this one...all except the pattern with the animals on it.  That one is fast no....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 I love the first one!  The zebra not so much. I don't own any silk anymore.  I had a beautiful silk magenta blouse a few years ago.  I think my daughter borrowed it and I never saw it again. 😉

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I still have all of my washable silk from QVC Silk Lore, Terry Lewis, and Diane Gilman. They are beautiful.