Trusted Contributor

I tell you what: You wear your heels, and I'll wear mine.

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Favorite Son said:

I thought it was a lighthearted, funny post. It made me laugh, and that's a good thing.

I agree with you!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Ah ha! I knew I had this OP on Ignore for a reason.

Honored Contributor
I'm sure my 25 year old daughter would agree with everything the OP said. She was in our town recently, and needed new shoes. I took her to a new upscale store, and she didn't like anything. She said that all the shoes were comfort shoes and she didn't want any of them. I was kind of surprised to learn that women don't want shoes that are comfortable!!!!
Super Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Desertdi said:
On 9/13/2014 Favorite Son said:

I thought it was a lighthearted, funny post. It made me laugh, and that's a good thing.

I agree with you!

ITA I thought it was said in jest.

That said, I would appreciate the QVC buyers bringing in more variety esp. with Clarks. Todays selection was more of the same. I did see a few new boots online from Clarks but I would like to see some other options in regular shoes. If I may be so bold can they please bring back the guy from Clarks, I forget his name. He was so much fun and OMG actually talks all about the shoes not his personal life. I realize he is a VP but he has so much more personality. IMO

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry to see that several posters took this topic so seriously. To me it was just a little fun fashion talk, with some tongue in cheek references.

Look, if I see someone in these "mom" shoes, I certainly won't make fun of her, I just don't personally care for them.

Also, I'm certain nobody is putting down any mothers out there.

Respected Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Perkup said:

Well, sorry you can't do the mom heels - which are really not mom heels at all - just a relief from the rigors of the four inch heels some of you loved. Just might save your feet and legs from some serious problems later in life.

Some of us "moms" didn't like those four inch platforms and didn't buy them, so they seem to be going the way of the dinosaur. By all means do the same for the lower heels and see if you can get rid of them. Soon as the designers see you've bought up all the flats you're going to buy, they'll go back to heels again. What goes around comes back around. It's how the designers make their money off of those of us who have to be
"fashionable".

Most of us don't wear 4" heels. I believe the OP -and I agree w /her- is expressing the fact the majority of shoes offered by Q are not stylish and 'ORTHO" . Jane's shoe show is a ghastly display of really unattractive shoes. IMO. I have bought very cute pumps from Isaac over the last few years and 1 pair of cute winter ankle boots on Q recently. The rest? No way!

no way!

Trusted Contributor

Oh, this poster is just trying to get a rise out of everyone. Not worth the energy to argue. I'm pretty sure the industry isn't going to "ban" anything because sidsmom says so......and I'm darned sure her opinions won't affect what I wear.

Respected Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Ms X said:

I saw this suede slip-on on sale at Maryland Square (about $22) and thought it would be nice for the cold Northeastern winter, but my size wasn't available. They have some great sales on sneakers and a couple of pairs of suede boots that are less than half price, although the sizes are probably spotty. I like this mom heel!

These are EZ Spirits...I have this pair in black and I LOVE them. They look very cute with jeans. I work in school, and I am up and down stairs all day long, as well as up and down long shiny corridors that get wet and slippery when it rains. I need shoes that can grip a little, are comfortable, and I can't do the "click click click" when I'm walking down the hall. It's too distracting to the classes as I pass them by. Smiley Happy
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Been away for awhile. I'm still surprised posters didn't really read & understand my original post.

FYI = It's not about the heel size & it's not about flats! =:0

What a myriad of responses! I got a new friend (hey champagnepoodle!) but also got 'ignored' (pssst....I know you still read my threads)!! Smiley Very Happy.

Go figur'...just another night on the Q boards!! Y'all are great!!