Respected Contributor

I just bookmarked Maryland Square, sidsmom. I never heard of it. Thanks a bunch! I know what you're saying, although I try to get a variation of the "mom heel" that's not quite so flat. I would love to be able to wear all those beautiful shoes out there, but my feet are too wide and I've never been able to master walking in them. It's strange because I have excellent balance.

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Ms X said:

I just bookmarked Maryland Square, sidsmom. I never heard of it. Thanks a bunch! I know what you're saying, although I try to get a variation of the "mom heel" that's not quite so flat. I would love to be able to wear all those beautiful shoes out there, but my feet are too wide and I've never been able to master walking in them. It's strange because I have excellent balance.

Yay! I'm glad I was able to help! If you're wanting to go flatter, by chance, the illustration in the original photo (weaves design) is a Trotter brand...with a zillion different colors, sizes up to 12 and widths...get this...AAAA,AAA,AA,B,D,EE!! Crazy good...and Maryland Square carries them, as well.

Super Contributor
On 9/13/2014 sidsmom said:
On 9/13/2014 FLgardener said:

sidsmom--I get it!--and totally agree! I think some here don't get what you're saying. I avoid the mom heels--they are a deal breaker for me. I view it as a style and cost copout by the shoe designers/manufacturers. They'll design a decent style and slap those generic soles/heels on them. YUCK!

OMG! THANK YOU! I don't know how I could make it any more simple. I even miss the leather/wooden heel look, as well. The Mom Heels are plastic/foam. I miss that audible 'click-click' when I walk down a tiled floor! I'm sure you know what I mean!! Thanks for getting it!!!

I got it YAY! I know ya gotta hear some kinda click, yes! Can't do foam YUK

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Sooner said:

How about ban "I'm so hip and fashion forward, but oh I still watch QVC to gripe about what they sell" posts? That sounds more useful to me.

Unfortunately is not just QVC...it's everywhere...dept stores, catalogs, etc. QVC does sell some sharp heeled shoes/boots...and they are very dressy & polished.

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 champagnepoodle said:
On 9/13/2014 kze said:

SIDSMOM.....I hope it helps that I understand what you are saying!! Love the heel on the second picture. Absolutely hate the one on the top picture. I do realize you're NOT promoting high heels ONLY!!!

Ah Ha I get it! The top one , I agree I would never wear! So that is the Mom Heel because it is rubber and puffy, not exactly a ballet flat. I agree Sid! lol

YES! I'll try to find a Mom High Heel to post to illustrate it's not only flat. Thank you for getting it!! (Hug)

Valued Contributor

I dress for MY comfort so...I don't care what others are wearing....it took me 40 plus years to learn to wear what is best for ME....so flat shoes, aerosols, mom heel....who cares...I'm doing ME!!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad y'all appreciated my input. Thanks, sidsmom, for bringing up this topic.

Valued Contributor

I understand what you are saying , OP. I like a flat or low heeled loafer/wedge/ballet flat but some have a clunky/dowdy looking heel that you might not notice if you are ONLY looking at the shoe from the bird's eye perspective, but everyone else looking at you will definitely see.

Super Contributor

Got something against comfort?

Respected Contributor

I don't get it at all. Seem like a rude, judgmental post.