Super Contributor

What am I missing? Perpendicular lines? Mom heals? Op can you explain a little more. You love flats but not Mom flats? Hmmmm. I am not sure if I am getting it.

Trusted Contributor

sidsmom--I get it!--and totally agree! I think some here don't get what you're saying. I avoid the mom heels--they are a deal breaker for me. I view it as a style and cost copout by the shoe designers/manufacturers. They'll design a decent style and slap those generic soles/heels on them. YUCK!

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 adelle38 said:

I'll never understand the use of "mom" as a pejorative adjective. Fashions change and vary and no one I see nothing wrong with low heels. I spent the summer in London, and unlike previous years, I saw almost no women wearing high heels. I guess they must all be "moms".

I agree with your post, adelle38.Smile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor
On 9/13/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Ballet flats are totally in. I wear Coach,Vuitton and Tory Burch ballet flats with skinny jeans.

Really? QVC customer wearing $675.00 flats?

Super Contributor

All I can say is get back to us when you turn 60. I predict major GNARLING.

Super Contributor

So the top shoe is a Mom shoe and the second one is OK?

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Ms X said:

I was wearing a pair of Clarks like the first shoe posted while shopping and caught a glimpse of my feet in the mirror. I hadn't realized how awful the shoes looked. Since I literally look like a man in drag when I wear high heels, I've been trying to get comfort shoes that have a more defined heel. I'm only 5'3", so I like a heel of at least 1-1/2 to 2". To top it off, I have wide feet and so have a reduced choice of styles. It takes time and effort for me to get an attractive shoe that fits and that I can actually walk in.

I found a pair of beautiful, classic black pumps with a thin, 3-1/2" heel last year. When I got them, I realized I could not walk in them, so I watched some Internet videos about how to walk in heels. Oddly, they all gave different and even conflicting information. It was no good. I just couldn't get the hang of it and had to send them back. Pathetic!

Have you tried Maryland Square? They carry Trotters that have some of the sharp heels I was referring to. Heres a 1 -in heel...not quite the height you need, but they have tons of sizes, colors & AAA, AA, B, D widths. HTH.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Trusted Contributor

SIDSMOM.....I hope it helps that I understand what you are saying!! Love the heel on the second picture. Absolutely hate the one on the top picture. I do realize you're NOT promoting high heels ONLY!!!

Super Contributor
On 9/13/2014 kze said:

SIDSMOM.....I hope it helps that I understand what you are saying!! Love the heel on the second picture. Absolutely hate the one on the top picture. I do realize you're NOT promoting high heels ONLY!!!

Ah Ha I get it! The top one , I agree I would never wear! So that is the Mom Heel because it is rubber and puffy, not exactly a ballet flat. I agree Sid! lol

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 FLgardener said:

sidsmom--I get it!--and totally agree! I think some here don't get what you're saying. I avoid the mom heels--they are a deal breaker for me. I view it as a style and cost copout by the shoe designers/manufacturers. They'll design a decent style and slap those generic soles/heels on them. YUCK!

OMG! THANK YOU! I don't know how I could make it any more simple. I even miss the leather/wooden heel look, as well. The Mom Heels are plastic/foam. I miss that audible 'click-click' when I walk down a tiled floor! I'm sure you know what I mean!! Thanks for getting it!!!