Super Contributor

be prepared for your thrashing any mention of fashion changes in a younger way and the hens will peck your eyes out the majority of buyers are older and conservative we are shifting the fashion vibe for programming and designers slowly with our outcries and remember we are rising in income and employment and some of the long time viewers are now retired or gone so they are heading in a new direction hopefully

p,s,run on sentences and punctuation are not my friends{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck to anyone who thinks QVC will stop targeting "older women" - I don't think that's going to happen since they are apparently the majority of buyers, have more disposable income, not to mention more time to spend it, and they're definitely not all "conservative". I know I'm not. I am "older", but I wouldn't mind seeing some fashions marketed toward younger women, and some of us "older folks" might still look good in them! So bring on some younger fashions, I'm sure we'll all enjoy them! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

But I don't think "the hens will peck your eyes out" was a very nice thing to say. It sounds like some are hoping all the "old ladies" will go away. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} But we're here to stay, and welcome all the younger consumers - I used to be a "younger consumer" myself when I started buying from QVC 25+ years ago! Smile

Super Contributor

i agree w the OP, it is an ugly heel. i love the name you assigned to it, perfect!

Super Contributor
On 9/17/2014 NJ4Jays said:

be prepared for your thrashing any mention of fashion changes in a younger way and the hens will peck your eyes out the majority of buyers are older and conservative we are shifting the fashion vibe for programming and designers slowly with our outcries and remember we are rising in income and employment and some of the long time viewers are now retired or gone so they are heading in a new direction hopefully

Wow! This post was incredibly hard to read. If you are a product of our current education system, I think we are s c r e w e d.

QVC is big enough to have fashion offerings for different tastes and age ranges.

Frequent Contributor

WOW!

Please define "hens", "older" and "conservative".

If 53 is old, I'm guilty. If that makes me a hen, rather than a chick, good. Chicks are cute but they are young and stupid. Hens might be old...but old enough to know better.

If conservative means I don't wear uber tight tee shirts that expose all my belly and back flab, low rise jeans that my spare tire flubs over, pencil thin 6 inch heels that I can't walk in....I'm guilty. Thank God.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/17/2014 Fitzallen said:

WOW!

Please define "hens", "older" and "conservative".

If 53 is old, I'm guilty. If that makes me a hen, rather than a chick, good. Chicks are cute but they are young and stupid. Hens might be old...but old enough to know better.

If conservative means I don't wear uber tight tee shirts that expose all my belly and back flab, low rise jeans that my spare tire flubs over, pencil thin 6 inch heels that I can't walk in....I'm guilty. Thank God.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I personally think Q has a target audience and that will not change, that is fine by me!

It has its niche for those that love it. I don't find anything here that I would go out of my way to buy and pay the S&H on. That doesn't mean others don't love the offerings! I like a mix of trendy and classic.

I also 49...125 lbs 5'6.5 inches and have a hard enough time finding bottoms to fit! I usually end up in the Jr section..but alias many of the Jr. offerings are marketed towards.....juniors LOL! but places like Kohls, Macy's etc..have a nice selection of dressy pants and jackets that fit me..and also Size 4 in Tahari (I always spell that wrong..) suits fit me nicely if I am lucky enough to get there first LOL.

I love heels but nothing over 3.5 inches and I would much before 2.5 as my fav ...

We woman need to stick together..all ages..shapes and sizes! I am woman hear me roar!

Honored Contributor

The OP isn't talking about wearing high heels.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/17/2014 NJ4Jays said:

Au contraire. While punctuation might not be your friend, it is clear run on sentences are.

Valued Contributor

I am in complete agreement with the OP as far as my personal style is considered, but to each her own. My mom likes the style; I don't. My example, I love this boot but the heel just doesn't work for me. It has NOTHING to do with the height of the heel -- merely that shape.

Clarks Bendables Suede Ankle Boots - Whistle Ranch

Clarks Bendables Suede Ankle Boots - Whistle Ranch