Honored Contributor
On 9/15/2014 occasional rain said:

Some would find the traditional loafer heel that the OP prefers just as causal as the newer sloping heel. To some the sloping heel the OP sees as Mom aka frumpy as more streamlined and current while the traditional loafer heel dated.

Now to skinny jeans. Some look good in them but women larger than a size 8 look like a cartoon, shaped like a cone below the waist. That's my view and I'm sure it's not shared by one and all.

No, it's not shared by all because I personally think it's a silly statement to make. A woman who is tall can be over a size 8 and be thin. Someone who is very petite can be a size 8 and be chunky.

It's not about a numbered size. Women need to get that idea out of their heads.

Trusted Contributor

That new composite/foam-type material they are using now does degrade after time. They're not just using it on low heels, but all heights. I had a pair of platform sandals made with it, and had them literally split into while I was walking in them! (Thank goodness I had a spare pair of shoes at work.) I had 2 pair of White Mountain sandals that the material actually disinegrated as you walked in them.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Frequent Contributor

I was wearing a pair of flats, like the non-Mom flats one day at work. There was water on the bathroom floor, i didn't see it. with the slick sole and heel, my feet went right out from underneath me and i hit my head on the floor. I no longer have any shoes with that style of bottom.

IF I had been wearing my stylish Mom flats, that wouldn't have happened to me.

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 Kathleen said:

That's the kind of posting that leads to "ignore user." {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Thanks, Kathleen for carrying my coined "Mom Heels" phrase on to another thread! I really think the gals are understanding the concept!! #NoFoamMomHeels

Super Contributor
On 9/15/2014 Kathleen said:

For me - there's a potential problem with the heel of the second shoe shown.

I was wearing a shoe like that in 2003 when I slipped on a polished marble floor in an office building and broke my arm. Surgery, bone implant and six months of physical therapy.

Now - every time I buy shoes w/o rubber soles and heels, I take them to the shoemaker to replace the heels and attach non-slip surface to soles.

SJP said she twisted her ankle when she wore Nine West shoes. They didn't have leather soles so caused her to slip.

Honored Contributor
On 9/16/2014 ivanatrump said:

SJP said she twisted her ankle when she wore Nine West shoes. They didn't have leather soles so caused her to slip.

I LOVE your daughter's shoes, Ivana.

Ivanka's shoes are stylish and comfortable too...I have 3 pair of your girl's kitten heels.

Respected Contributor

Much ado about fashion nothing.

Honored Contributor
On 9/13/2014 kittymomNC said:
On 9/13/2014 Sooner said:

How about ban "I'm so hip and fashion forward, but oh I still watch QVC to gripe about what they sell" posts? That sounds more useful to me.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I must be really backward in my "fashion sense" because I actually like some shoes with that so-called "Mom heel". And I don't understand the phrase Mom Jeans or Mom Heel...so many women are Moms who are anywhere from young to older than me (which is pretty old), and they dress fashionably and look great. So I really don't like the use of those phrases...to me they are denigrating Moms!

It depends on the shoe, of course, but for casual wear, I like the "Mom heel"...I can't wear a completely flat shoe or one with just a 1/2" heel, and absolutely never a ballet flat! There are some cute shoes available with that heel, even up to almost 2 inches, if anyone pays attention. JMHO.....Smile

I have to agree!!....I also don't understand the phrase "mom jeans" & now "mom heels" ...so many of us are moms and some grandmoms or soon to be grandmoms! What is up with those terms? It sounds like a put down.

I think we all have to wear what works for us. Yes there are some things that are very frumpy and I avoid them but after a few bouts with plantar fasciitis I can no longer wear heels or very flat shoes with no heels at all.

Esteemed Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol}Sorry, I opened this thread one of the dumbest threads I ever read. "Mom Heels" too funny!{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Too each her own O/P

Super Contributor

As much as I want to, I just cannot wear heels over one inch - my knee will not permit it. I live in flat shoes and that's OK really!!

We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize you only have one - Confucius