Honored Contributor

Balloon Sleeve Sweater

[ Edited ]

Here is a cute sweater for $29.40 on sale which would make a nice gift.  By BP @ Nordstrom.  Comes in 3 other colors.  Sizes XXS to 4X.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

It's cute and I like the color, but those sleeves would bug the heck out of me -- especially since I am sleeve-pusher-upper. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I  recently made a cardigan with those sleeves.  Pattern called them "Bishop Sleeves."

I like the fuller sleeve wth the tight cuff.  Mine is in orange ombre yarn.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

very cute!

Honored Contributor

I wore oversized sweaters like that in high school and college. I love the color but not the sleeves.  Too much, too trendy.  The sleeves are in this winter....out next winter.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It's cute and I like the color, but those sleeves would bug the heck out of me -- especially since I am sleeve-pusher-upper. :-)

I should have mentioned that I have a balloon-sleeve cardigan in several colors. The balloon, though, is not nearly as balloonish as the one pictured. Also, it is easy to push up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I wish I knew how to knit.  Lovely sweater.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@ALRATIBA  I wish I knew how to knit.  Lovely sweater.

@Katcat1.

Thanks!

It's crochet and very easy.  Just two very large hexagons that are folded and sewn together. Almost entirely double crochet stitch.

Easy to size - you just keep going   

Lots of YouTube videos out there to show you how to do it!

Respected Contributor

I love this sweater so much I ordered it!

If the sleeves go out of style, I don't care: I always wear what I like, regardless.

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2  I ordered it too in black.  It's cotton and some other fabrics so it won't be extremely heavy which is nice.  Can't wait to get it!  Enjoy yours!  Can't beat the price.

kindness is strength