Honored Contributor

Looking for the perfect pair of ballet flats, I ordered a pair of Birdies and I am undecided about them.

I wear an 8/ 8.5 and my foot is a little  wide

Help I am lost

thanks

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox: Check out Landsend.com. They have ballet flats in a variety of colors and sizes, including wide widths. I have a pair in black, love the quality! The best part...they're on sale! 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   Give JJill online a try.  They usually have a pair or something on that order.  They may have a sale going on too.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
I love Lucky Brand’s Emmie flats. I also like Born’s Julianne, Me Too’s Tru Blu, and Vionic’s Minna flats.

It’s a mild addiction and no one gets hurt.
Honored Contributor

Those vionics ballet flats that were the q big deal a few days/a week ago for $96.00 - WHAT????? - are insane for that price.

Honored Contributor

I have never found a true ballet flat that is comfortable.  They feel like I am walking right on the ground and they always rub my foot or hit my foot in a bad place.  I love the looks of them but the comfort factor just isn't there for me.

I also always have an issue with them running small and I don't know why.  I am normally a 7.5 or an 8.  I have always had to buy ballet flats in a 8.5 and even a 9.    

Respected Contributor

I love Cole Haan ballet flats.  I am generally a 6.5M but almost always go up to a 7.  They last forever.

I've tried TIEK, (hate the aqua stripe) Tory Burch and many other name brands.  Cole Haan are by far the most comfortable for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if they still sell them but I have two pairs of ballet flats from Land's End.  Black and bright red leather.  I've had them for years.  The fit well and are classic and durable.

Honored Contributor

I second @lulu1 's recommendation for Cole Haan.  They have great styles including ballet flats and they do last forever.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ballet Flats

[ Edited ]

I have been buying Cole Haan ballet flats for quite a few years now. What I like about them is that they still have a slight heel. My favorite blogger Audrey Coyne spoke of how having a slight heel elevates the look of a ballet flat. Turns out I have been doing it right. LOL