Honored Contributor

Re: Baggy Sleeves on T-Shirts

@Andreatoo wrote:

@chrystaltree @Moonlady 

I think she means like thisC4B16547-F851-4A4B-A91C-FB15B86DEB8F.jpeg

Yeah,  I wouldn't like a tee with sleeves like that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@chrystaltree @Moonlady 

I think she means like thisC4B16547-F851-4A4B-A91C-FB15B86DEB8F.jpeg

Nothing makes my broad shouldered, large busted, no neck self look better than a crew neck tee. LOL.

I agree w @Andreatoo that sleeve length and neckline have to work together ... at least for my body type. I look better w/ a sleeveless tank than I do in a short sleeve top. And I look better in a fitted top than a flowy/oversize top/tee.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

The women’s tees I buy have sleeves that are neither too wide mor too wide.

I often buy men’s tall tees because I like a roomy tunic length tee. I just fold the sleeve so it doesn’t flair out.

Sleeves on tees aren’t an issue for me.
Honored Contributor

Can’t edit on phone should be too wide or too narrow.
Respected Contributor

the only tees with short sleeves that i wear are Life is Good.  they hit me at exactly the perfect spot on my arm and the bonus is that they are a nice length and i love the beefy cotton fabric !!   otherwise, i wear either an elbow sleeve or 3/4 sleeve ... but i have to agree with previous posters that sleeveless often looks better on me, and i have a whole bunch of those.  

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the sleeves being a bit roomier.  A lot of the tops seem to be made these days super slim and just aren't comfortable for me.  I don't have the really skinny arms that I use to when I was young.  My arms aren't really heavy, but they are larger as I have gotten older and I enjoy a bit more room.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting discussion.  I usually always roll my short-sleeve cuffs twice.  It's just a better proportion on me.  Never thought about some being baggy or tight.  Now I'll pay attention!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

While I don't want sleeves that are too tight, I also don't like baggy sleeves for the reason you mentioned.  I also don't think that baggy sleeves are attractive.....it just gives a top a dowdy look.

Respected Contributor

I have large upper arms so tighter fitting sleeves are uncomfortable and unflattering but at the same time, baggy sleeves aren't flattering either. I have a long-sleeve tee I bought from Torrid and it runs a lot larger than I thought, so the sleeves are really loose. But if I try to shrink it a little in the dryer, the length shortens too and I don't want that. It'll be one to wear around the house. 

Honored Contributor

I've actually taken in, by sewing machine, along the inside  sleeve and sides.  If and when folks gave me boxy/too large (even men's, when they were gifts and too small for their sons, hubbys, etc. ) tees. 

In the past.

p.s.  This site and typing this post is soooo slow today.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).