Respected Contributor

Baggy Sleeves on T-Shirts

[ Edited ]

I was doing my annual purging of spring/summer T-Shirts and remembered that last year I tossed a couple T-Shirts with baggy short sleeves. I never wore them. They weren't Dolman, flounce, puff, or any other special short sleeve style. Cotton, modal, etc. T-Shirts that have baggy sleeves bunch up under cardigans. Those baggy sleeves remind me of men's T-Shirts from years ago, and I don't think they're attractive on me. I'd rather see designs that give thought to how short sleeves fit. Whether I buy a T-Shirt that's fitted or with a relaxed fit, I don't want it to have baggy sleeves. What do think about the fit of short or elbow sleeves?

Respected Contributor

Re: Baggy Sleeves on T-Shirts

I like close fitting elbow sleeves I think are pretty, especially with a slightly deep V or a beautiful ballet neck, or low scoop.

If the Tee is somewhat close fitting and not boxy, the look is feminine and fresh in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

My arms are on the thin side so any length of sleeve which is baggy makes them look even more thin and I don't like the look. I prefer fitted sleeves, short or long. I don't wear elbow, 3/4 or cap sleeves.  

Esteemed Contributor

I like roomier short sleeves on tees.  Balances the look when the tee is tucked in.

Honored Contributor

I have a heavier upper arm.  I hate tight sausage sleeves.  I don't buy super short or cap sleeves at all...they are not flattering on me.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily The wide sleeves like generic tees and collage unisex tees right?

Can't stand those sleeves!  UGH!!!  I don't want to be a guy!  I much prefer they be in proportion!

Respected Contributor

Photos would help.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I think I'd have to see an example, I can't picture what a baggy short sleeve tee would look like.  

Honored Contributor

I have very few short sleeve tops because I think they're just not as flattering as no sleeve or long sleeves. The balance is off. When I do get a short sleeve I'm pretty picky about where it hits on the arm and whether it's fitted. The worst is a short sleeve and elastic!

I think many short sleeves accentuate the heavy upper arm more so than no sleeve at all

I also want to point out that the neckline and the sleeve needs to work together

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree @Moonlady 

I think she means like thisC4B16547-F851-4A4B-A91C-FB15B86DEB8F.jpeg