Honored Contributor

Suddenly I see a lot of boots that look horrible because they have been rubbed down through the leather!  I'd never wear a boot with the back of the heel rubbed down until it was white or dull!  Maybe in a tennis shoe generation they didn't know shoe polish existed?

Do you notice when items are uncared for?

Do you keep items polished?

(NOT my fav thing either)!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bad looking Boots and Shoes

Perhaps they are run down so that they match the pajamas that are worn to the store. Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, I polish shoes and boots. One time, I got a ding at work on a pair of black pumps and used a magic marker. Worked perfectly.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I see boots and shoes that could use a good coat of polish on both men and women.  I would never wear unpolished foot wear.

And yes, I see worn out shoes and boots too.  I try not to judge.  Many times people do not have the money to,replace them and often people have problem feet and have to wear what is comfortable.  More often than not, well worn footwear is the most comfortable.

I take my worn out items to the shop to be repaired, but not everyone does.  the grungy look is in, I suppose.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

Perhaps they are run down so that they match the pajamas that are worn to the store. Sorry, couldn't resist. Yes, I polish shoes and boots. One time, I got a ding at work on a pair of black pumps and used a magic marker. Worked perfectly.

@pattypeep, your post made me laugh out loud! Woman LOL