Respected Contributor

When an item is backordered, is there a way to find out how long the wait might be?

Honored Contributor

Do you mean waitlisted?  QVC doesn't use the term backorder like other retailers.  Waitlists are filled from customer returns, so it just depends how oversold the item was.

Respected Contributor

Re: Backordered

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Do you mean waitlisted?  QVC doesn't use the term backorder like other retailers.  Waitlists are filled from customer returns, so it just depends how oversold the item was.

All I know is what it says and it says 'backordered.'  The order was in stock when I placed my order and it was in stock for the  31/2 days that it said it was in process.  Now it's backordered.   This place is either horribly inefficient or inept, I don't know which. 

Get this, they're still selling the item in the color and size I have ordered and when I put one in my cart just now, it's telling me that its in stock!

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass @Tyak, is correct, they do backorder all the time.  The way to find out if you have a backorder is to look at order status after placing the order.  I don't know when one is suppposed to get anything from QVC, they are erratic.  I guess you can call customer service.  If you were needing the item by a certain date, maybe you can cancel.

Respected Contributor

If an item says backordered and not waitlist then QVC expects to get more stock from the vendor.

Frequent Contributor

Your best bet is to call customer service rather than guess on shipping times.

Respected Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

If an item says backordered and not waitlist then QVC expects to get more stock from the vendor.

They must have gotten it because now we're back to 'in process' again.

Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

I've had this happen and my order ended up getting cancelled. Call CS and tell them that you saw your item on sale and in stock. They need to fix that for you. My experience was that they don't fill from the back order or waitlist once another shipment is shown on air. I couldn't cancel my order either. If  you order the one from the current broadcast you might stand a chance of getting two and that's a hassel you to correct.