Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,427
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Wow I just checked my order status on 2 items from this weekend and both were in process and now today they are changed to backordered.  The H by Halston new sweater in pink (on Sat) got that ordered before they even presented the item which then it sold out!  Guess they must have taken too many orders for it in my size and that's that.  

 

Then a IM item came back in stock I had been stalking....got it in the color I wanted/size...backordered as of today.

 

I don't have good luck with backordered or AD products either....had only one in beauty (IT brush love plus travel size) they sold it out and didn't reseve any for the auto delivery customers...I left it on backordered for almost 2mo's...never got released....cancelled and ordered from IT directly as I needed the product.  

 

I will leave the orders but I don't expect them to get filled...seems really unfair since I ordered sweater before it even was presented on air!  

 

Ok rant over.....

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,966
Registered: ‎09-12-2013

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!


@tsavorite wrote:

Wow I just checked my order status on 2 items from this weekend and both were in process and now today they are changed to backordered.  The H by Halston new sweater in pink (on Sat) got that ordered before they even presented the item which then it sold out!  Guess they must have taken too many orders for it in my size and that's that.  

 

Then a IM item came back in stock I had been stalking....got it in the color I wanted/size...backordered as of today.

 

I don't have good luck with backordered or AD products either....had only one in beauty (IT brush love plus travel size) they sold it out and didn't reseve any for the auto delivery customers...I left it on backordered for almost 2mo's...never got released....cancelled and ordered from IT directly as I needed the product.  

 

I will leave the orders but I don't expect them to get filled...seems really unfair since I ordered sweater before it even was presented on air!  

 

Ok rant over.....


You have a right to be upset, especially if you ordered before the item was presented. I ordered the Halston item also and I figure I would get a message saying it was back ordered but it shipped this morning. I ordered the Heathered Mulberry. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,347
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!

I’ve had this happen to me too - buy an item before it even airs and then get thrown to the back of the line. Is is really that difficult to process the orders as they were received?
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,566
Registered: ‎04-04-2014

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!

@tsavorite

I personally think that if its a back order then you should have been advised of that when you ordered! Does this mean they over sell and then go back and notify? Doesn't seem very organized if they don't keep track of what's on hand...

 

I once ordered an HSN TS at approximately 12:01 and it came up as an advanced order!!! For the life of me I couldn't figure that one out! lol

Super Contributor
Posts: 441
Registered: ‎07-30-2016

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!

@tsavorite I ordered a clearence logo top...it was processing for days. I then   Got a letter that said I would not be getting this item because they were out of it and no more re-ordering.

 I forgot about it so it was on my order list... because I never canceled it ...and then lo and behold the other day I got a email saying your item has shipped... so that item is on its way .

 So who knows you might get that item I really don't think the ordering and shipping department are on the same page sometimes ! 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,094
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!

I sorta think(because it happens to me ) that if you pre -order or jump on a tsv the minute it shows, you don't get the item. now I wait a while and then order........

 

Trying to figure out QVC is mind boggling and you will NEVER  win.................lol

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,347
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!


@Andreatoo wrote:

@tsavorite

I personally think that if its a back order then you should have been advised of that when you ordered! Does this mean they over sell and then go back and notify? 


I assume they oversell with the expectation that a certain percent cancels their orders.  When an item is very popular, there are less people canceling. And, the people who ordered first seem to be the ones who suffer.  At least, that’s what I’ve experienced and have read on the boards.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,214
Registered: ‎02-14-2017

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!

I also ordered it in the pink and mine is also back ordered.  I've never lost a back ordered item, but waitlist is hit or miss.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,427
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Backordered...Bummed Out!


@RollTideRoll2008 wrote:

I also ordered it in the pink and mine is also back ordered.  I've never lost a back ordered item, but waitlist is hit or miss.


Hi @RollTide2008....just checked my orders again....now the Halston sweater says in process and the IM jacket I ordered same day has shipped!  Hoping I get the Halston sweater shipped soon...seems to be taking long time on these orders.