Contributor

I ordered an Isaac shirt, got the confirmation email, then 2 days later I get another email telling me it's on backorder and I should receive it within 30 days.  Why are things listed as available when they're not.  I was just starting to buy a few things again, should have known better!!!!

Respected Contributor

I've had a pair of jeans ordered since Feb. 9, 2021.  It went from processing your order, to backordered and now the status is 'preparing your order'. ...humm...I'll believe it when I see it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got the same email for an item I ordered 2 days ago.  And no reason given.  QVC has serious issues which don't seem to be getting resolved.

Honored Contributor

I think many of the "issues" have to do with interruptions in the transportation system especially shipments coming into West Coast ports.  Mike George cited those problems in his annual report to stockholders.  Shipments are scheduled to arrive but there is insufficient docking space for them to unload.  

There are many problems associated with the pandemic of which we're not aware. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't think Q stocks a lot of inventory. After orders are received, they contact the vendors. Maybe at that point, the vendor can't deliver that many items in that size and color and it is "backordered" or a "waitlist". 

Trusted Contributor

@Marebear54 wrote:

I ordered an Isaac shirt, got the confirmation email, then 2 days later I get another email telling me it's on backorder and I should receive it within 30 days.  Why are things listed as available when they're not.  I was just starting to buy a few things again, should have known better!!!!

That happened to me on a pair of sunglasses.  Annoying. Maybe it is time to staff up again.

Frequent Contributor

I have seen in the news for awhile now how the ships get backed up on the west coast ports, sometimes for days.  It has been a continuing problem.   I guess that's what we get when we want lower prices and the products come from half way around the world.

New Contributor

I get all of that, but generally QVC ships within a day or two of placing an order.  That means their operating model under normal circumstances is that inventory is in house when an item shows available.  If the product page reflects inventory that hasn't even entered the country, that is a failure on QVC.  They have mechanisms like Wailist and "Ships" dates in the item description for items they know are going to be shipped when the next round of inventory arrive, so there is really no excuse. 

I have all the patience in the world if the company is being honest and forthcoming with me, but if they are showing products as available knowing they are waiting for inventory, that is misleading, especially for items that are being presented on air.  They have a rather comprehensive availability system, both on air and online.  If they are being impacted by the overall delays with items entering the country because of the pandemic, they should adjust their availability information as well as their delivery estimates.  I just expect some truthfulness so that I can make my buying decisions with all of the information.  The "available-> proessing your order-> wait, wait, wait-> backordered->processing your order->wait, wait, wait->shipped" cycle has to stop (and don't get me started on the red "Hmmm something went wrong" when your order FINALLY ships and you try to track your order).