Valued Contributor

Backorder! What does it mean?

This is the first time this has happened to me. It was in process for several days. What are my chances I will receive my white pebble crop pants?
Respected Contributor

Re: Backorder! What does it mean?

On 7/13/2014 1jac said: This is the first time this has happened to me. It was in process for several days. What are my chances I will receive my white pebble crop pants?

Backorder means that the item you ordered sold out and they haven't gotten a new shipment in yet. There's no way to know when exactly a new shipment of that item will come in. If you wait long enough and a new shipment comes in, then they'll ship the item out. If they don't get a new shipment in, then they can't send you the item, but you won't be charged for it, either.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

I ordered a hobo handbag once that was available, then suddenly turned "backordered" - I waited a few weeks but it did arrive, and that color still hasn't appeared again online, I think they just ordered ONE to fill my backorder! Thanks QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

According to Customer Service, when you order something early in a presentation so you're sure you will get it, and it's "In Process" then suddenly goes to "Backorder", it's because someone made a mistake in counting inventory! I've had this happen several times, once I even called the manufacturer of the boots (Clark's) that this happened to. They blamed it on QVC, QVC blamed it on Clarks. But sometimes, they apparently just don't have a clue how many pieces they have to sell and they oversell what they "think" their inventory is. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Esteemed Contributor

I've never NOT received an item that went to backorder.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

I did have one Carolyn Pollack item that went to backorder, and her things usually don't come back once they're gone. I even called her company. Someone finally found the piece and I received it in a box, with a velvet bag all wrinkled up and crushed, and the piece was just laying in the box. On top of that, it was defective, so probably the only reason I got it was because someone sent it back. I never got that one, and had to return the matching pieces because the one I didn't get was the major piece in the set.

On one other order of a pair of boots, they were presented as a very light navy blue (like a light denim blue) suede with silver studs. I eventually got them, but what I received was a pair of very DARK navy boots with GOLD studs. And the kicker was, they still had a video showing the light navy/silver stud boots! They went back and I never got the ones that were shown.

The other backorders, I did eventually receive, but I think they need to do something about this situation, because it happens all too frequently.

Valued Contributor

On 7/13/2014 gardensla said:

Gardens I hope I have your luck!!
Super Contributor

Unfortunately, I have had two items back ordered from Linea, which after several months were discontinued. I was very disappointed because I purchased the jackets in hopes that I would receive the matching skirts - no such luck. In the bigger picture, though I do receive most of my back orders.
Trusted Contributor

My seafoam lace jacket just went to backorder.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Valued Contributor

On 7/13/2014 1jac said:
On 7/13/2014 gardensla said:

Gardens I hope I have your luck!!
Gardens - You may be my good luck charm. I just went back to in process. I just hope it sticks!!