Honored Contributor

I wondering if a cobbler could stitch a thin piece of

leather/ultrasuede on the inside near the little toe....?

Honored Contributor

I've tried on several beautiful sandals that had decorative perforations and my baby toe nail would get caught in the hole.  Yikes!  

You can tape the toe ... or tape the inside of the shoe .....   I decided to just not purchase the shoes.

Don't we all have enough to deal with ....  who needs the Baby Toe Escapage Syndrome?    LOL   Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

If I had toes escaping I probably wouldn't have purchased the sandals in the first place. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

If I had toes escaping I probably wouldn't have purchased the sandals in the first place. 

That's true, of course, and had I known I was going to have that problem, I wouldn't have, but I had bought them online and never had a chance to try them on first. Even so, as often happens, the problem didn't surface right away. It took wearing them for a little while after which either the leather relaxed and stretched or my foot just settled into the sandal in a way that made it happen.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baby toe escapage

[ Edited ]

How about a peep toe shoe that would only show two or three toes.

Respected Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

How about a peep toe shoe that would only show two or three toes.

@apple1964

I love those and have several but that doesn't solve the problem of the ones that let the baby toe escape, which I love and are so comfortable otherwise!

Honored Contributor

Some of the newer styles of sandals that have more foot coverage (Clarks, Earthbrands) got rid of of "little toe" issue for me. I've been stocking up on wedges & flats and will wear them for many years whether still in style or not. Comfort before style.

Honored Contributor

Someone needs to invent something for this problem and enter it on "TODAY'S Next Big Thing". It's a wide-spread problem...pun intended! LOL!Woman LOL

Super Contributor

Baby Toe Escape Victims Unite!!  I have the problem on my right foot!  My late husband who had a weird sense of humor, called my toe "Hiltz"  after Steve McQueen's character in The Great Escape -

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Someone needs to invent something for this problem and enter it on "TODAY'S Next Big Thing". It's a wide-spread problem...pun intended! LOL!Woman LOL

Right? 😄