Respected Contributor

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the shoe forum but I figured more ladies visit this one so, here goes.  I have a pair of sandals that I bought last year and am getting ready to wear but I remember having the problem of the little toe on my left foot wanting to poke out through a space between the straps that make up the top part of the sandal. This only happens on the left foot, not the right. I know that wearing some type of hose would probably help keep this errant toe in line but I really don't want to wear anything in my sandals. Is there some sort of device or gadget out there that exists to deal with this problem? I know I can't be the only person this has ever happened to! I considered taping the little toe to the one next to it but that probably wouldn't hold for long. Suggestions are welcome! TIA

Valued Contributor

I look forward to replies about this also. I have the same issue with the little toe on only one foot. I bought Keen sandals to wear to Hawaii and it took several tries to get a pair to not let my toe escape. I bought the same style several times, and on some pairs the toe escaped and on others it didn't. It was a deal breaker for me when the toe escaped Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

Back in the day when I broke the fourth toe on my foot, (the toe next to my little toe).   You taped the toes together (piggybacked them).   I used first aid tape that you would use to tape fabric bandages.   The first aid tape held all day long.   I know you are wearing sandals and the white tape might show through your sandals.   Good luck with the toe.

Respected Contributor

Duct Tape!

Respected Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Tallgal wrote:

Back in the day when I broke the fourth toe on my foot, (the toe next to my little toe).   You taped the toes together (piggybacked them).   I used first aid tape that you would use to tape fabric bandages.   The first aid tape held all day long.   I know you are wearing sandals and the white tape might show through your sandals.   Good luck with the toe.

I have the same problem with my right foot. I am going to buy some first aid tape tomorrow so I will be ready for summer. I think they sell clear first aid tape. Thanks for the simple and cheap solution, Tallgal!

Honored Contributor

I'd just put a little piece of Dr Scholl's MoleSkin on the inside of the shoe.  No one is going to be eye level with your foot.  If they do, they have an issue!!!  Put the sticky side against the inside and create a barrier!~

Dr. Scholl's Molefoam Padding 2 Each [011017149002]

Respected Contributor

I'll add another vote for clear plastic first aid tape. I use it on my heels when I have a problem with a new pair of shoes (my heels freqently give me problems, even with shoes that one would think would be comfortable, until I've worn things a couple times). It doesn't provide padding, but it protects my feet from being rubbed raw, sticks pretty well, and is not very noticeable. I do use moleskin padding in closed shoes on other parts of my feet (I have fairly sensitive feet!).

Valued Contributor

That baby toe escapee has always been a deal breaker for me.... again, one side only.  I just didn't get the message in my youth!

Once I reached the age where your FEET determine your MOOD, I finally put 2 & 2 together and avoid the strappy toe sandals or those with a little baby toe peep hole.

I discovered Hotter "Candice" sandals with protection for that BBT issue and have grown my collection to 9 pair.  If they don't have the color I want, I have been known to buy whatever color is on sale and paint them with shoe paint to what I need.  I got red, lemon, olive, and fushia that way!

Respected Contributor

What do you all think about wrapping my baby toe to the toe next to it with this? It's beige so it would be less noticeable, right?5042827177.jpg