Honored Contributor

Re: Baby Archie's Christening

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

For reasons difficult to express, I find this photo very sad (the one showing Diana and baby).

The way Diana is focused on the baby...her eyes down...and Charles....starring into the camera...distant from the baby...not touching anything but the chair.

Maybe it's just me, but I found it heartbreaking....perhaps just because we know the outcome of Diana's life.

i dont really find it sad.......just more conservative and with traditional poses. check out the portrait that was done when prince charles was christened..... look how happy everyone looks in this photo.....lol

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/queen-elizabeth-b-435.jpg

LOL.  Was Philip not invited to the party?

Honored Contributor

royal prince christened (prince charles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsC2tJZQP94

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

For reasons difficult to express, I find this photo very sad (the one showing Diana and baby).

The way Diana is focused on the baby...her eyes down...and Charles....starring into the camera...distant from the baby...not touching anything but the chair.

Maybe it's just me, but I found it heartbreaking....perhaps just because we know the outcome of Diana's life.

i dont really find it sad.......just more conservative and with traditional poses. check out the portrait that was done when prince charles was christened..... look how happy everyone looks in this photo.....lol

this above and  Archie pics are exactly why i prefer the informals -  not into the posing, the artsy.  i want to see the excitement, the spontaneous happiness of such an event.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Was there a reason why Harry & Meghan aren't sitting in the center of the couch in the family photo?  ( It messes with my OCD! )

I think it’s because the baby (and Meghan, as she is holding the baby) is at the direct center of the photo. I noticed it too. 

I noticed as well. Probably just sat down first then Harry followed and neither thought about the off angle of the pose.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Kate wore the earrings Diana wore to Harry's christening.  What a sweet touch...

Honored Contributor

Every photo is different some fun and informal and some solumn and somber.  Archie does look so much like Harry.  What a great day for them all.

prince-harry-christening

Image result for queen elizabeth christening

Respected Contributor

In the past, with other Royals,  initially we only see the ‘official’ photograph - the one presented to the public and chosen by the couple, then a few days/weeks later other more relaxed shots appear in the press so this is just the maybe first one, usually, chosen by the couple for the public. 

Whether any any more pictures will appear who knows as they want privacy.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 Thank you so much for those rare photos of the Royals. Very interesting and fun to see. Heart

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

Oh my. They look miserable.

Honored Contributor

Archie is out and about playing now with the cousins.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalty/02019071052220/meghan-markle-brings-archie-playdate-prince-loui...