Respected Contributor

Re: BREFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 13

Made it to amies...get to spend some time with the girls befor tomorrow.  For some reason, the headache came back with a vengeance.

my hair is much better...I love it but it is hard to work with when it gets out of shape.

linda, Sydnie and a friend had 2 day camp at an animal shelter when they were off from school.  They loved it.

a gait belt will be a good thing for dh, linda. Sorry dd is having problems again...I am surprised surgery has not been recommended.

claudia, sounds as if your day has gone well. 

I will ill post as I have time. Sleep well.

Respected Contributor

Our big celebration day is here. The weather is cold but clear so no worries about driving. A couple of years ago it really snowed and the roads were slippery

amies family made lefse last night...a thin pancake made from potatoes and flour.,it is rolled out and then cooked on a special grill.,the 2 older girls did an awesome job ..much better than I could. 

I will post pics later. Have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you have a wonderful celebration, Barbara.  Glad the weather is okay.  I thought maybe Syd had done something at an animal shelter, but I just couldn't remember for sure.  Hopefully, DD's problem will go away soon.  She starts back on the pills tomorrow.  So far, she has been very pleased with the IUD/pill combination.  Sorry your headache came back yesterday, and I hope it doesn't spoil your celebration.

I guess on-line classes are a good thing for Whit, Claudia?  At least she won't need to drive long distances so often.  Oldest DGS has taken several on-line classes.  I don't think they are quite as good as having class at school, but better when the weather is bad, there is car trouble, etc.  I'm not a chicken wing fan at all, but I imagine small ones wouldn't have much meat.  No wonder R is complaining. 

One of DH's old friends called yesterday evening.  I had sent a card to him and his wife, and it turns out that his wife passed away in October.  She had so many things wrong with her -- leukemia, stroke, broken hip, etc., and he had been her caregiver for several years.  I really admire him for his caregiving efforts.  He was determined that she no go into a nursing home, but he ended up in pretty bad shape keeping her at home.  He overdid it with caffeine to the extent that his heart was racing, and he was not able to exercise.  So, now he has given up caffeine and is back into exercising, which is a good thing.

DH would not talk to him, and he kept trying to sneak into bed, but I think his friend understood.  I may call/e-mail him sometimes just to see how he is doing, etc.

Nothing exciting planned for today -- just my regular laundry and financial review, etc.  It should make it into the low 70's today, and I plan to take a longish walk like I did yesterday.  My kind of weather.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Have a wonderful time, Barbara. I'm glad the roads weren't bad. I awoke to snow this morning. Griff of course was delighted. It shouldn't last long though. By Tuesday or Wednesday temperatures should be around 50.

The replacement tneck arrived. I haven't opened it yet but the package is in good shape.

The courses Whit is taking are just general courses.

Fingers crossed for DD, Linda. Hopefully the combo keeps helping her. I am not a fan of chicken wings either. What a kind thought to check on DH's friend every so often.

I finally got the Christmas cards out in the mail. R and Adam are bowling. After they left I realized I was low on dog food so drove to the nearby town to get the grain free food. The roads weren't too bad.