Respected Contributor

BREFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 13

Good morning. Our concerts went well yesterday. Lots of singing. My upper back got very sore from standing and holdin my music book but a hot shower and heating pad took care of that. I skipped the early church service but will go for the later one.

my voice coach told me to gargle with a bit of apple cider vinegar before I sing this afternoon. Yuk..but will do it.

it is chilly this morning so I have a blanket on me.,

Linda, so sorry that dh fell again. I wonder if having a walker for him to hold onto when trying to sit would help. Maybe pt would have a suggestion. It is good that the mets are so responsive...but I have never heard of them not being so., I hope you can get the paperwork to access his accounts easily done. 

Caudia..yuk on getting that stuff on your clothes. At least you could reorder the top. I dislike when I get stuff on my clothes.  How are the kitties??? 

Need dd to grab some breakfast and get ready to go. I will report after the concert this afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BREFORMED SHOPAHOLICS. Week of December 13

Glad the concerts yesterday went well, Barbara.  Hope that today's concert is good as well, and your voice and body hold out.

Very chilly here -- I put another blanket on the bed yesterday, which was good.  But, then, I had to get out of bed, and it was cold.

I don't think a walker would help DH, but I'll ask the physical therapy folks.  He was supposed to try getting up and down from a chair (the only exercise that seemed possible other than the machine at the gym), but I didn't have the courage to try.  Meanwhile, he had an accident yesterday, which was upsetting to say the least.  We were about to go out for a short walk, and I had him all wrapped up before I found out -- had to take things off, clean him up, etc., etc.  Hope that doesn't happen today.  I did take him to the toilet multiple times before then, so I don't know why it happened.  He did say he was sorry, and I'm sure that is true.

We have our choral presentation at church today -- I'll think of you Barbara.

Sorry your top got something on it, Claudia, and I'm glad the replacement wasn't harmed despite poor packaging.

My plan is to go to the gym after church and then to Fry's for produce, etc., after lunch.  There is a very vague possibility that I'll try to take DH to the gym, but that probably won't happen.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

What a day you had, Linda. DH is very fortunate. I probably wouldn't have reordered the t neck if it was any other color than black. I wear the black often.

I seem to have picked up whatever Adam had for several days this week. Even though it's in the 60's here I am freezing.

After reserve Adam drove to visit some friends and stayed over night.. I'm glad to see him connecting with people.

I, too am glad yesterday's concerts went well, Barbara. Fingers crossed for today's. I saw my sister in MA mentioned on fb that Jamie had a solo at a local church. She said his "first paid gig". By next Christmas his voice will have changed.

The kittens are little whirlwinds. Racing and leaping over the adult cats.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is very chilly, damp and rainy....a good day to stay in.

the concert went well and I received lots of compliments on my solo. The apple cider vinegar gargle worked...lol. Think I am fighting off a cold..but the zinc am really helps.

today is laundry and gathering the few things I am taking home. 

I I will check back in a bit.

linda, sorry you had such a tough day with dh.

Respected Contributor

I just noticed there is a b preceding the r in the title. I have such good typing skills...not..lol😜

Respected Contributor

I'm glad to read the concert went well and the apple cider vinegar helped. The compliments were well deserved.

The Star Wars items are on their way to Whit and family plus a check for Whit and Mike. 2 things off my unwritten list.

It's a balmy (for us) 64 degrees here. It may rain but I'll take that over snow.

Linda, I hope today is a better day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad the concert went well, and you were able to sing your solo, Barbara.  Our church choir did a very good job -- they also brought in professional musicians and a soloist who was quite good.  I did end up taking DH to the gym yesterday, and he was able to use the machine they had a PT for 15 minutes.  It was a drag having to take him in, etc., but I think he really needs the exercise.

Glad you got things sent off, Claudia.  Wish we were having balmy weather here -- it has been raining and is pretty chilly and windy.  Not good weather in my book.  It isn't supposed to warm up until the weekend, and we are expecting a hard freeze the next few days (maybe tonight).

This morning was hectic to the max.  First, DH had an accident right when he got up.  What an unpleasant surprise.  I did manage to clean him up,  make breakfast, give him a shower, and take care of myself in time to get him to day services right on time.  In fact, they weren't open quite yet.  

Then, I went to the strong bones workout, and there were two new ladies.  So, I had to explain more to them.  And, a lady in the group is starting on a yoga workout that helps with bones.  She demonstrated a couple of yoga poses, and then we watched a video.  After that, she and I stayed to schedule our January sessions (they need to schedule things in advance).  It was well after 11:00 when I got home, and then I had to rush to get ready for my bookclub/lunch meeting.  That was quite good, but I don't have much time before I need to go pick up DH.

And, I have no plans about what to prepare for dinner, etc.  

Hope your trip home goes smoothly, Barbara, and both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope you make it back to MN with no problems, Barbara.  I don't know about your area, but it is plenty cold here (at least in my opinion).  Maybe it will not be too bad in MN.  Of course, there are many fun times in store for you.  It is wonderful that you can see/be with your children and grands during the holidays.  

Hope all is well there, Claudia, and you aren't running from "pillar to post" as my Mom used to say.  It can be boring staying home, but going from appointment to appointment, errand to errand can be tiring.

DH had another accident this morning, just as we were ready for breakfast.  My coffee was pretty cool by the time I got to drink it.  Not fun.  We have the senior lunch program and he has physical therapy today.  I think I'll skip the gym because it would be late before I could get there, and the gym is even more crowded later in the day.  But, I will see how things go. Part of me wants to get it over with.  LOL

DGD is upset since she "only" got a "B" in her algebra class, but DD is trying to assure her that is okay.  She is starting another algebra class, and I think her oldest brother is helping her if she has questions, etc.  DD received her Dennis Basso coat that I ordered, and she loves it.  That makes me feel good.

Hope both of you have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Sorry about the accidents, Linda. Not a good start to the day at all.

We are still trying to get R's e m g test scheduled. It's been 3 weeks. We are considering calling our congressman. Had to space the letters out as the kindle fire kept changing it to meh.

Our temperature has dropped to the upper 40's today. I put the black turtleneck on this morning only to discover there was a small slit after all. Needless to say it is on its way back with a note.

It's better your granddaughter learns now that the occasional B is fine. My college roommate got all A's her first semester and missed out on a lot trying to keep a 4.0 average.

Barbara, hope you had a good flight and your weather isn't too cold and snowy.

I've been to the post office with the sweaters, picked up more cat food and dog treats at Tractor Supply,and stopped at Wal-Mart. 10 cats go through food quickly.

Respected Contributor

We arrived safely. Had a nice, smooth flight and m picked us up which saved some coons. I spent some time organizing the Christmas gifts...a few things to return. Syd does not have a large number this year but she is getting an expensive bike. 

Linda, sorry that dh is having accidents again.  As I said, I would have trouble managing those.  Hope your lunch went well.

claudia...glD you discovered the slit in the top.  Hope you get that Meg scheduled...auto correct is not always correct.

it was cold when we left this morning...not bad here..no snow on the ground . It is to be in the 20s this weekend.

sleeo well.