Respected Contributor

Playtex discontinued the Secrets non-foam bra style that was perfect for me.  As I have posted a while ago, I spent a fruitless afternoon trying on many different brands and styles of bras.  I agree totally with the posters who did not want " more " with the foam cups.

When I am wearing something sheer and still want modesty, I use Petals:  they can be reused many times and no one will know if I am cold.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I am currently wearing a barely there bra from Hanes that has no underwire and a little padding.  As a post menopausal woman who didn't start with an above average cup size and never had children, I was disturbed by the loss of fullness (upper part of breast) that comes with menopause.

The lining/padding is not terribly thick on my bra.  It gives me back some shape.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh I absolutely HATE any type of foam or molded cup bras! Why the manufacturers continue to only offer these type of bras is beyond me! I won't wear anything but natural cup bras. Try to find those! When I do I stock up for the next couple years because I know I won't be able to find anymore! And the cold issue? It doesn't bother me in the least, its their problem not mine. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Oh I absolutely HATE any type of foam or molded cup bras! Why the manufacturers continue to only offer these type of bras is beyond me! I won't wear anything but natural cup bras. Try to find those! When I do I stock up for the next couple years because I know I won't be able to find anymore! And the cold issue? It doesn't bother me in the least, its their problem not mine. Woman Happy

Headlights don't bother me either. cool

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind headlights....if they're on cars......

Trusted Contributor

The bras I'm wearing now have a thin layer of foam, not a thick padding. This helps with my "headlight" issues. I need this, not a good look without. I did not have this issue until I had children, but that's another story-Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I need padding for shape because I have been short changed but can't find any bras like that anywhere.I know the reason now because  the rest of you got more than your share.

Trusted Contributor

I only wear bras with molded cups.  These are not padded to add size, but simply formed to do away with the need for seaming.  I wear a lot of knits and I don't like how cups with seams look under t-shirts and sweaters. 

Honored Contributor

Due to lumpectomy one side is quite a bit larger than the other. If I wear a foam cup bra it will dimple in and really look bad. I have a prosthesis but I live in Fl. and it makes me very hot.So no foam cup bras for me. As a matter of fact the best bras for me comfort and fit wise are Cacique bras and they are made of t shirt jersey fabric - 100% cotton. 

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I have never bought a bra with foam cups, not one. I don't want any more there than what God gave me.

@MaggieMack

Hi Maggie, as one DD girl to another, there was a time when I thought I couldn't/shouldn't wear a molded bra either.  Then one day (several years ago) I asked a colleague what her bra of choice is.  She is bigger than me, both in band and cup size and always looks good--shapely, but not overly so.  She told me she wears a molded bra.  I then re-evaluated my thinking and am so glad I did.  Now I almost exclusively wear lightly molded bras unless I am wearing an athletic or "Genie" type bra. They actually provide me with a better "shape" and somehow (don't ask me how) they act as a bit of a minimizer.  Maybe because they lock and load better!