Honored Contributor

I hope this doesn't get 'poofed' because it is a terrific cause. Resolution/> #1 was to clean out my lingerie drawer. So I was thrilled to find the below info. since most of my bras were brand spanking new, many with tags. I lost weight and can't wear them any longer.</p> <p><span style=GIVE TODAY

JANUARY 8TH - FEBRUARY 4TH
911,951 BRAS AND COUNTING

Open your top drawer and your heart for women in need and help us reach #OneMillionBras

"One in every four women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime. Survivors often arrive at shelters with little more than the clothes on their back and rely on donated items/> to get back on their feet. Bras are the most needed, yet least donated clothing item for women.

In July 2010, Soma set out on a mission to make a difference in the lives of women in need by collecting new or gently worn bras. In partnership with the National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV), the bras we collect are distributed to women in need in your local communities.

Give Bras

Collect bras now and bring them to any Soma boutique during the Soma Bra Donation/></p> <p class=

GIVE your new or gently worn bras in any Soma boutique.
While there, GET a free Expert Bra Fitting for yourself and
EARN/></span> Double Points on Bras for Preferred and Gold, Triple for Platimum</span></p> <p class=

Tell Your Friends

Mail Bras

No Soma boutique near you?
Mail new or gently worn bras to:

Soma Bra Donation/> Bra Recyclers<br/> 3317 S. Higley Rd. Suite 114-441<br/> Gilbert, AZ 85297</span></p> <p><span style=No Soma Stores anywhere near me so I am thrilled to be able to donate them via mail. I had no idea what to do with them (other than Goodwill).

Hope lots of us can help with new or new-like condition bras to help other women!

Honored Contributor
I have changed bra size several times in the last 1 1/2 years, and I'm thrilled to see this. Now to find a Soma store!
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing this!!!!!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Nice idea! And even if you don't have a Soma near you, if you have bras that are new or like new, please consider donating them to your local domestic violence shelter. Another need is panties - new only, NOT used at all, but consider picking up some extras next time you shop.

The domestic violence shelter I volunteered at not only needs undergarments for the women who are staying there, but it's also the place that rape victims are sent to for processing and examination. Usually their panties are kept as evidence, so we needed a supply in all sizes so they could have a pair to wear home.

Honored Contributor

That's a wonderful suggestion, FHG. I think b4 I ship off these bras to donate...I will go see who has some new panties on sale and make a real box of it.

Esteemed Contributor

You might also want to check with your local hospital, often the ER keeps a cupboard stocked for victims whose clothing is either taken for evidence or ruined and they are alone with nothing to wear out of the facility. Usually the nurses do this sort of informally.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been donating my gently worn bras at Soma since they implemented the program. I've mentioned it on this board a few times as it's so convenient if there is a Soma conveniently located to you.

Perhaps because the salespeople in the store I go to know me, but I don't feel hassled to shop if I'm just dropping off old bras.

Valued Contributor

I always donate bras to my local Women's Shelter.

So many of the women are brought to the shelter in the middle of the night, many of them (and their kids) in their pajamas. Not even a winter coat....nothing.

Clothes, personal care items like shampoo, soap, etc.....always appreciated as well.

Thanks for this post!

Honored Contributor

I didn't know of a Women's Shelter near me but a friend told me about Sierra House in East Orange, NJ. I have been sending them personal care items, practically new handbags etc. They said they don't accept clothes though so I was glad to see Soma's program. We have Chicos and WHBM but no Soma Stores here at all. Closest is 4 hours away in Pittsburgh I think. I don't mind mailing it though, I go to the Post Office for work every day.