Honored Contributor
I get your frustration. I'm already a D cup yet try finding a bra that doesn't have padding in it?! Or just something simple without seams or embellishments?
Of course my perfect bra, Calvin Klein, was discontinued :-(
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
I get your frustration. I'm already a D cup yet try finding a bra that doesn't have padding in it?! Or just something simple without seams or embellishments?

@AndreatooYou may still be able to get it on amazon!  I often do!

Honored Contributor
@ECBG: maybe if I'd tried when it was first discontinued, perhaps, but it's already been a few years but I'll check
Trusted Contributor

shiningstar:  I know what you mean about when you go up a size in the band, they also make the cup a bit larger.  I don't understand why they do that.  A "B" cup should be the same size no matter what the band size is!!  I know that the "B" cup in a 38 is larger than a "B" cup in a 34!  Why do they do that????

I got fitted at Macy's a number of years ago and was surprised that I had been wearing the wrong size for years!  So I'd recommend doing that first, if you have never done so.

For the past several years, I've ordered my bras from BareNecessities dot com.  They have a large range of sizes and styles to choose from, much more than I ever found in a B&M store.  I was determined to find something, so the first order I placed with them, I ordered about 10 bras in varying sizes and brands, tried them all on.  None worked, so I sent them back and ordered more until I finally found one that fit well.  And I've been ordering that one from them ever since. 

I hated having to spend money just to try them on, but I really had no choice as I could not find what I needed in any of our local stores.  Fortunately for me, I was successful finding one at BareNecessities dot com.

I believe it is just a matter of trial and error.  All you can do is try them ALL on until you find one you like.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

On a whim, I tried on a bra that I never thought that I would try because it has molded cups and I purchased it. I like it so much that I bought another. It is a Vanity Fair Beauty Back and it is the best bra that I have ever had. It is wireless but it has hold and no spill in the back. It is quite molded but this bra really shapes and is comfortable. 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@AndreatooYou may still be able to get it on amazon!  I often do!

@Andreatoo   @ECBG

And don't forget Ebay .... I've found a couple discontinued styles there and the prices were great!

Honored Contributor

Every brand is different, so wearing one size in one brand won't translate to another brand (especially if they use European sizing).  I always get fitted every 6 months or so since things change (and, you know, gravity).

I was in a lingerie store on vacation once and they had my brand on sale (Chantelle).  I was glad I tried on both colors because one of the colors, in the same size, was cut wrong, and didn't fit at all.  In fact, she brought in 3 of them for me to try on and none of them fit right.  She ended up pulling them all off the rack since there was something wrong with them.  I am so glad I tried it on before I left as I would have had no way to return it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Coobie

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor
The Kohls near me has an extensive selection with many sizes in stock. Twice a year I go there when I have 2-3 hours to patiently and calmly try on many bras. I feel sorry for the employees but try to re-hang the many rejects the best I can. Also I hit the VF and Hanes/Playtex outlets once a year and again, I take a lot of time. Sometimes I find a helpful clerk but I just have to make time. I am not inclined to pay premium prices. This summer I am happy with a Playtex underwire with a little modesty coverage plus moisture-wicking feature. Good luck!
Honored Contributor

I need a b cup on one side and a d cup on the other due to breast cancer many ears ago.So I buy Cacique bras from Lane Bryant stores. They are made of jersey fabric and have stretch so I can get a C cup and it will stretch a little for my larger side and I can wear my prosthesis on the smaller side. Most comfortable bras in the world.