Honored Contributor

are they regretting prior notice of TSVs?

I just got an email promoting Graver's Big deal

not sure why I got it as I never buy clothing on Q, 

anyone else get an email 

Honored Contributor

I did but deleted it without looking at it!

Honored Contributor

Re: BIG deal early access

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear 

All the Big Deals are up including Susan's.  

They've been doing multiple Big Deals for quite a while.  Makes them all less Big, if you ask me.

The emails are just something new, added to try to spark interest.  But they've been adding Big Deals like this for months.

There are 16 Big Deals available right now.

Respected Contributor

The point of a retail sales business is to sell. Why not put your merchandise "out there" as soon as you can accommodate sales. 

Why the games of secret TSV? 

Honored Contributor

All this time, so many decades and many of you don't understand that Qvc is a huge retailer.  We all got that email which is an advertisement.  That's all.  

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

The point of a retail sales business is to sell. Why not put your merchandise "out there" as soon as you can accommodate sales. 

Why the games of secret TSV? 

don't get it either, they could tell us what they are ahead of time, all that "tune in at Midnight" is so old fashioned

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear @granddi   The notifications you are receiving about Big Deals is not an exclusive.  The Big Deals we are being notified of are in the Deals page. Anyone can see them.  They usually are available for several days, don't know how long.  I think some Big Deals are old merchandise they are trying to move, I think most are new.  I check that page periodically.

QVC seems to be trying some new things with email.  Some good, some bad.

Trusted Contributor

As far as not announcing the TSVs in advance, I have 2 thoughts.  

One is that they're carrying much less inventory these days, so they don't want to risk selling out of colors, sizes whatever before the actual TSV show.  

Secondly, they are trying to go back to some aspects of the old, old QVC pre internet when you had to watch to see what it was.  I fall for ot all the time, but I rarely go to sleep before midnight.  

Honored Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

One is that they're carrying much less inventory these days, so they don't want to risk selling out of colors, sizes whatever before the actual TSV show.  

Secondly, they are trying to go back to some aspects of the old, old QVC pre internet when you had to watch to see what it was.  I fall for ot all the time, but I rarely go to sleep before midnight.  

we. the general we, are never going back to pre-internet days you cant rewind the clock, 

they are carrying less inventory, however you sell out the TS there is more they can sell

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Tori3569 wrote:

we. the general we, are never going back to pre-internet days you cant rewind the clock, 

they are carrying less inventory, however you sell out the TS there is more they can sell

I know we're not going back to pre internet days.  I am merely stating that there was a certain allure of waiting to see what the TSV was.