Honored Contributor

@ditzierYes, I certainly understand.  I ordered a couple pairs of shoes and had very good luck as they were fine.  Then I ordered a pair of suede shoes with rubber soles.  I opened the box and I would not touch them.  They were filthy.  First of all, I cannot understand why the Q would take the shoes back in that condition and second, what is wrong with the Q selling these shoes in that conditon?  It was a disgrace.  "As Is" to me means someone had tried on and it didn't work out so they were returned immediately.  Not someone wearing something day in and day out and now returning.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ditzier wrote:

Buyer Beware, I received a Logo "as is" item yesterday and was mortified, speechless to say the least.  There were 6 tiny, but very noticeable, holes in the front and smelled like it had been packed away for a year.  I suspect maybe someone ordered it last year and maybe reordered and exchanged it this year.  It was very wide for a small but shrunken in length.  For $36 I was sickened, I would not even give it to goodwill.  After taking a photo, I packed it up in 10 minutes. I know in the "as is" statement it states can be a customer return, vendor sample (no way a sample), discontinued or on-air display (no way either of these), but this item was ridiculous and cannot believe it is legal to sell something in this condition.  Lesson learned.

@ditzier

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway .... QVC is NOT the only game in town, and "as is" items can have any number of problems.  

I would only purchase this type of item in a  B&M store where I can thoroughly inspect the piece beforehand.   To have to deal with return shipping etc on a piece of kwap just isn't my thing.   IMO, just buy a clearance item which is in good condition.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ditzier wrote:

Buyer Beware, I received a Logo "as is" item yesterday and was mortified, speechless to say the least.  There were 6 tiny, but very noticeable, holes in the front and smelled like it had been packed away for a year.  I suspect maybe someone ordered it last year and maybe reordered and exchanged it this year.  It was very wide for a small but shrunken in length.  For $36 I was sickened, I would not even give it to goodwill.  After taking a photo, I packed it up in 10 minutes. I know in the "as is" statement it states can be a customer return, vendor sample (no way a sample), discontinued or on-air display (no way either of these), but this item was ridiculous and cannot believe it is legal to sell something in this condition.  Lesson learned.

@ditzier

It goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway .... QVC is NOT the only game in town, and "as is" items can have any number of problems.  

I would only purchase this type of item in a  B&M store where I can thoroughly inspect the piece beforehand.   To have to deal with return shipping etc on a piece of kwap just isn't my thing.   IMO, just buy a clearance item which is in good condition.

ITA

QVC does think they are the only gamein town!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I ordered a ruby and diamond ring AS IS.....they certainly took it literally and sent me out a ring with a huge gauge in the ruby. I returned it on the 20th of December and it still hasn't reached them with their own label. Those return labels are so slow, you would think a horse and buggy is used to get them to their destination.

So no more As Is anything for me....

Honored Contributor

"As is" items are a ****** shoot.   Some arrive pristine and unopened,  handbag with handles still wrapped in cellphone,  others are a mess.   You take your chances; that's why there's a discount. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment