Honored Contributor
I don't think someone should be able to wear a garment for a month and then return it but that's certainly the implication when they sell it to you. I personally know that I don't want something almost immediately and pack it up and send it back, be it poor quality or bad fit it's never a mystery and it certainly doesn't take 30 days to figure out
Honored Contributor

I have had phenomenally good luck buying LOGO items As Is.  I wouldn't buy them if Q didn't give the 30-day money back guarantee on them, but Q does.  Almost everything has arrived in pristine condition that, were it not for the little note enclosed, I would never have known it was As Is.   I have had to send back a couple - one that smelled immediately like Downey when I opened the package and, when  I tried it on, had been shrunken it was clear - so that garment had been put in a dryer with a bad outcome; and one for another reason I can't remember now.  But I order a lot from As Is and or the most part it has been just great and has saved me a lot of money.  In fact, when I see a LOGO now As Is in my size that I'd already purchased at full price, I think "oh, darn - I should have waitied for As Is."  

QVC did not deduct postage costs from my return when I had to send back those problematic As Is pieces.   I will continue to buy As Is with no hesitation.  I do always wash them before I wear them, even when they look brand new.

Honored Contributor

The only problem I've had with as is clothing is receiving the wrong top.  I sent it back and got a refund.  The majority looks like it wasn't taken out of the bag.  As long as there is free return shipping for as is issues, I'll keep buying.

Contributor

I have ordered several as is clothing items in the past with no issues, but lately, they have come smelling like musk perfume - I think the Q may be using some kind of cleaner on them or spray as they have all had the same nauseating smell.  Back they went. 

Trusted Contributor

I have had very good luck with "as is" items, from handbags and clothing to household items. 

But I do think that once an "as is" item has sold and been returned the price should be further reduced.  I don't think Q should continue to resell items that have been returned 2,3, 4 times without continuing to reduce the price.

Honored Contributor

@ssojourner wrote:

I have ordered several as is clothing items in the past with no issues, but lately, they have come smelling like musk perfume - I think the Q may be using some kind of cleaner on them or spray as they have all had the same nauseating smell.  Back they went. 

No...the musk and perfume smell is from women wearing them.   I had a LOGO top that was so disgusting.  I gagged.  Back it went that day--GROSS!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I have ordered MANY as-is items and have NEVER had a problem.

I must be lucky!

Frequent Contributor

Re: BEWARE "As Is" Items

[ Edited ]

Frankly, I think QVC charges too much for "As Is" items.  

If something's been used, 30% off regular retail is not a bargain.  I ordered an As Is Dooney & Bourke bag and it was clearly used for awhile.  It had scratches all over it, coupons in the inside pocket and a pair of silver lover's knot earrings were left in the outside pocket.  

The bag should have been marked down to at least 50% off retail, if not more.  

If something is clearly damaged, such as torn or stained clothing, it no longer has any value and shouldn't be sold at all.

Honored Contributor

I have never ordered clothing from as is but I've had good luck with purses and jewelry. 

I hope the OP realizes that even as is can be returned at QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Adelm wrote:

Frankly, I think QVC charges too much for "As Is" items.  

If something's been used, 30% off regular retail is not a bargain.  I ordered an As Is Dooney & Bourke bag and it was clearly used for awhile.  It had scratches all over it, coupons in the inside pocket and a pair of silver lover's knot earrings were left in the outside pocket.  

The bag should have been marked down to at least 50% off retail, if not more.  

If something is clearly damaged, such as torn or stained clothing, it no longer has any value and shouldn't be sold at all.

90%-plus of the As Is items I have received appear to never have been used, nor even tried on for that matter.  Most have come in like-new, pristine condition.