Contributor

BEST stretch pull-on pants with FLAT waistband, SHORT rise, & sits below waist?

I'm looking for pull-on pants that I could wear to school and dress, but I need a shorter rise that sits below the waist, has stretch but keeps it's shape, and has a flat waist band. I can't stand anything at my waist, nor do I want the extra bulk of a cotton-like puckered waist band, because I want the option of tucking in my tops or wearing them outside of pants.

I'm 5'9" and 130 pounds, and I wear a size 4 or 6 depending on the brand, with a 34" inseam for full length pants. I'm looking for both comfort and style in a long pant, ankle length, and capris length. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Lovin2Learn

Honored Contributor

Re: BEST stretch pull-on pants with FLAT waistband, SHORT rise, & sits below waist?

How about the Starfish slim pants from Land's End?

SLEEK, NOT SKINNY.

Soft cotton jersey with stretch for comfort

Fabric is substantial — minimizes lumps and bumps

Easy pull-on styling

No-waistband, so they’re super comfy

Inseams: Regular and Plus, 30?; Petite, 27 1/2?; Tall, 34?

Minimalism at its finest. No waistband. No pockets. Just simple pull-on styling, cut slim as can be. The fabric’s substantial, though. So, narrow as they are, they’re flattering, too. 89% cotton/11% spandex. Machine wash. Imported.

Respected Contributor

Re: BEST stretch pull-on pants with FLAT waistband, SHORT rise, & sits below waist?

Starfish pants come to your waist, They are definitely high rise. They are casual, fine for school but not dress pants.

Super Contributor

You may be looking for something that doesn't exist... stretch pull on pants are generally of a texture that is more sporty than work appropriate. Hopefully someone can prove me wrong here.

Super Contributor

I agree with lolakimono. I think the Starfish pants are your best bet but they come up higher than you want but they do lay completely flat. In fact, I'm wearing them at work as I type this. LOL

Super Contributor

I love Eileen Fisher, expensive, but a perfect fit for me and they come in petites for me also. I feel like I need to order 5 more pairs because I wear them to work almost every day.

Esteemed Contributor

Lovin2Learn, most pull-on pants are going to be casual and won't dress up well. It's just the nature of what ladies are looking for when they buy pull-on pants and dressing them up usually isn't on the list. Also, trying to find a pair which isn't high waist is probably impossible outside of athletic/fitness apparel.

I agree Eileen Fisher's pants are a exceptional quality and fit. You definitely get what you pay for. However, they will be high waist. You might have to compromise on a style feature and accept a side zip in order to find something which sits below the natural waist. This side zip pant from Diane Von Furstenberg is an example of what I see as a pant which sits below the waistline and can be worn casually or dressed up a little. It's $300, but there are many pants at a wide range of price points like this available.

• Roll for Zoom
  • Larger View

Respected Contributor

How about the Isaac 24/7 pants (although I don't know that they're below the waist)?