Honored Contributor

The linen joggers last night were a NO for me....Linen, which I don't mind the creasing, but I love my tencel Side Stitch fabric. 

On Amy (usually everything looks cute), they looked baggy and her tiny frame look bloated...always a good representation of how it'd look on me. 

What did you think if saw the show? If they were my beloved fabic, they would have had "drape" and I would have snapped them up.

Honored Contributor

I suspect those worn by Amy and the model were ironed. 

My experience with ironing linen has been dampening the fabric or using the water spray on the iron to remove wrinkles, if not careful, can cause stretching, puffing of the fabric, making it look very full; which also interferes with draping. But, I've had that happen somewhat with Tencel, the brand I'd call the Cadillac of lyocells, as well. 

I looked at the video on which Amy is the host.  She's wearing black and a cardigan, so it's difficult to see much.

I notice the joggers are below the waist and have a tie that can cause bulk around the abdomen.  That could contribute to Amy looking bloated, as well.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

My experience with ironing linen has been dampening the fabric or using the water spray on the iron to remove wrinkles, if not careful, can cause stretching, puffing of the fabric, making it look very full; which also interferes with draping. But, I've had that happen somewhat with Tencel, the brand I'd call the Cadillac of lyocells, as well. 

I looked at the video on which Amy is the host.  She's wearing black and a cardigan, so it's difficult to see much.

I notice the joggers are below the waist and have a tie that can cause bulk around the abdomen.  That could contribute to Amy looking bloated, as well.  

@Foxxee   Although the elastic hit her ankle where it should...a puzzler since she's so petite snd they'd be capris on an average person, the legs were quite "baloonish".

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Foxxee   Although the elastic hit her ankle where it should...a puzzler since she's so petite snd they'd be capris on an average person, the legs were quite "baloonish".

@Shanus 

Yes, they are.  Might hang and look better without the elastic around the ankles, but then, I guess they'd be called crop pants, or capris, not joggers, on taller ladies.

I don't know, but like you, I wouldn't buy them. 

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

@Shanus 

Yes, they are.  Might hang and look better without the elastic around the ankles, but then, I guess they'd be called crop pants, or capris, not joggers, on taller ladies.

I don't know, but like you, I wouldn't buy them. 

@Foxxee   I have seen linen...even joggers...in a much softer fabrication of linen that would not have looked like that.

Valued Contributor

Amy stated that she had on a small rather than an XXS, which is why they looked so large on her.

Valued Contributor

After a few occasions battling the ironing board with linen fabric and embarrassing myself looking like a wrinkled mess a few moments later, I finally decided linen is on my "do not purchase" list.  It's not worth the battle.  You buy a lovely piece of clothing and leave the house looking great only to sit in the car with a seatbelt on for five seconds and looking like you just rolled out of bed ...  no thanks.  Not worth the effort

Respected Contributor

Re: BACK TO SIDE STITCH

[ Edited ]

@Stevie Nix wrote:

Amy stated that she had on a small rather than an XXS, which is why they looked so large on her.

Yes. She took the pair off the rack and put them on, so they were two sizes two big for her. The inseam is 26", which would work just fine for me at 5'1.5" and would make them a bit shorter on the taller models.

ETA: I thought they were cute -- I would wear something like that.

Esteemed Contributor

Linen joggers????  Giant elastic waist?  Yes, let's take a fabric for hot weather and put a bunch of elastic at the waist, so it gets really hot and uncomfortable...

Clearance item...

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Linen joggers????  Giant elastic waist?  Yes, let's take a fabric for hot weather and put a bunch of elastic at the waist, so it gets really hot and uncomfortable...

Clearance item...

Not sure if I'm understanding your objection correctly, but  linen is readily available in elastic waist "beachy" resort styles. I don't see a problem with the style, but there's something for everyone, I guess! Smiley Happy