Occasional Contributor

Average Price is now $65.00 + Shipping and Tax

Well, I am no longer shopping here.  I haven't been a member long, but the prices have steadily climbed for this inferior merchandise.   Everything but 3 garments I have purchased have either been given away or thrown away.  The only good thing about shopping on QVC is convenience but I must say, the quality is worse than Wal-Mart.  QVC has some nerve charging these prices.  And they could care less.  I called about the inferior quality several times and it fell on deaf ears.  Consumers deserve better, and I will gladly go to my local department stores, enjoy the shopping experience and pay less for better quality clothing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Average Price is now $65.00 + Shipping and Tax

I agree the prices have gone up (what hasn't?), but I certainly have no complaint about the quality.

I've bought a lot of clothing from QVC over the years and most of it, I still have.  I have no idea what lines you purchased from, but none of the items I've received could be considered "worse than Wal-Mart".  (And let's face it - even Wal-Mart has some nice things now.)

However, that's the great thing about shopping today - you have the ability to shop where you feel you get the best deal.  And the B&M stores will thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Lovesgeraniums.  I've shopped at QVC for 30 years and have bought dozens and dozens of pieces of clothing.  I vehemently disagree with your assessment of it being poor quality.  I don't know of a single line that meets your description.  It's all on a par with what I've bought at Dillard's.  I wear it, not until it's worn out because it never does, but until I tire of it.  I've bought clothing from Wal-Mart and, believe me, there's no resemblance.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Lovesgeraniums

You can debate this subject for the next 99 pages of responses.

Some of the french terry from the Q is "cheap" and some is nice.  The t-shirts fall into the same category, IM's t-s are mostly nice but then they "throw in" a real cheap feeling cotton just when you expect the best for those prices.

I think it's the same at all stores, you just need to pick and choose and not become so dependent on one source shopping.  It's not like the "old days" when you are loyal to a company.  People change, products change, let's find another source then.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Lovesgeraniums.  I've shopped at QVC for 30 years and have bought dozens and dozens of pieces of clothing.  I vehemently disagree with your assessment of it being poor quality.  I don't know of a single line that meets your description.  It's all on a par with what I've bought at Dillard's.  I wear it, not until it's worn out because it never does, but until I tire of it.  I've bought clothing from Wal-Mart and, believe me, there's no resemblance.

@Kachina624   I don't even bother "to look" at Wal-Mart any more!  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Lovesgeraniums wrote:

Well, I am no longer shopping here.  I haven't been a member long, but the prices have steadily climbed for this inferior merchandise.   Everything but 3 garments I have purchased have either been given away or thrown away.  The only good thing about shopping on QVC is convenience but I must say, the quality is worse than Wal-Mart.  QVC has some nerve charging these prices.  And they could care less.  I called about the inferior quality several times and it fell on deaf ears.  Consumers deserve better, and I will gladly go to my local department stores, enjoy the shopping experience and pay less for better quality clothing.

I do agree that the prices on clothing here seems to be higher than other channels and the few pieces I have purchased from Q I do not find the pieces better than others.  I like to bargain shop and thats what I do. I did get a cute pair of embroidered jeans from Walmart for less than 20.00 compared to all the channels having them for 40 dollars and more.  

Honored Contributor

I shop almost exclusively online ,and have gotten some wonderful bargains everywhere including Q. They clothing I have purchased it good quality, and I am happy with finding things that fit, and I don't have to run all over, trying to find petites clothes, that I like

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you. 

Respected Contributor

I do not buy much clothing at QVC, but what I do buy is good quality. I have some clothing for years and it holds up very well. You do have to pick and choose, and that can get very expensive with the S&H. I have learned which lines I will buy from, and which I won’t even try.

Valued Contributor

I have a closet full of clothes from QVC and feel the excellent quality hasn't changed one bit.  I am still enjoying shopping for beautiful, high quality clothes at fair prices. Yes, prices have gone up but still in line with what I expect to pay. 

Honored Contributor

I have never found the clothing items I've bought from QVC to be at all inferior.  I mainly buy SG, IM or Louis and have always found the quality to be consitently high.  Can't recall having had to return anything, unless I ordered the wrong size.