Esteemed Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I have way, way more.  However I am currently in the process of developing a plan to reduce both inventory and new acquisitions.

@faeriemoon 

Let us know how the process goes and if you have any tips.

@wilma @faeriemoon I am always in the process of giving things to charity.  I do have a tough time giving away clothes that are in good shape and fit fine, but I just don't wear them, even though I can't figure out why I don't wear them.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@wilma I am very much like you and @Jk9 .   I have way more than the average amount of clothes, I've admitted embarrassment on here in other clothing threads, LOL!    I own so much in different categories.   I have beachwear, vacationwear, dressy, casual, at home, workouts on and on.........I have been making an effort though to not buy anymore clothing for awhile now, of course I fall off the wagon every now and then but I do really try!!   Smiley Happy    I have to sneak off to donate some so DH doesn't see and give me grief when a new package comes in,  he's good to me so why upset him??? LOL

Respected Contributor

@wilma so true.  That is how we grew up too and I am sure that affected the way I viewed clothes and dressing.  Now that I am pretty much retired, I find my needs are so much more simple.  I think I like that once I adjust to the mind change.  Thank you for starting this thread as I find it thought provoking and relevant to my life.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Less.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I plead the Fifth!  Woman Wink

Frequent Contributor

More. I enjoy refreshing my wardrobe with new things. Since 8 have retired, I buy more casual things. I have gradually purged my work wardrobe, but want to do more. It is hard for me to get rid of items that still fit, but probably will have limited use in the future. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Average Clothing Amount

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

I have thinned my clothing as much as I dare. My problem is my weight. I often fluctuate between two sizes, so I have  a wardrobe in each size. Pants in particular are not forgiving. I have pants and jeans in multiple sizes that cannot be replaced or replicated in today's marketplace. They look current but have excellent tailoring and fabric that no longer available. They can be donated when I am gone.

@On It 

I totally understand. Health issues and menopause have caused a lot of weight fluctuations for me too over the years. You're right. Pants are particularly difficult. I currently have pants in 3 different sizes. 

Honored Contributor

I have more than the average amount. BUT I only wear about half of what I have so I guess that brings it closer to an average amount. 

I need to do some cleaning out. icon_rolleyes.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have more than the average amount. BUT I only wear about half of what I have so I guess that brings it closer to an average amount. 

I need to do some cleaning out. icon_rolleyes.gif

Ummm, look at her trying to rationalize it. That's something I'd do...LOL Woman Happy I think the question was do you own at least 150 articles of clothing (including coats and shoes) @SilleeMee .  Not how often you wear them.  

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I definitely have more than average.  My shoes/boots put's me over the top.  Coats too.

Hey, did they account for the undergarments we women must wear?  Teeheehee

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life