Valued Contributor

Re: Audrey Hepburn - fashion icon

[ Edited ]

@TY, I was inspired by your thread. I was at my library today and they had a new book out call Audrey The 50's. It's all about her movie career and has a whole bunch of quotes and behind the scenes from her movies. Tons of pictures too!  Thank you for starting this thread. Ms. Hepburn was indeed a fashion icon and great humanitarian.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/g8037/audrey-hepburn-1950s-book/

Esteemed Contributor

@beautybee

Those are lovely photos on Harper's Bazaar. I especially like the color photos of the black and white movies. Thanks.

I also think it's a great idea to look at a library for books about Audrey, especially the coffee table books or books that are out of print.

Honored Contributor

This photo is so beautiful  

0debcbcc41a4834135234094f21ce644.jpg405.jpgslide_474216_6466598_free.jpgf486ec7ede3a56386b3368e9cd468a91.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

I, too, was one of the few people probably who had never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's until about a year or two ago. I always wanted to \see it but just never did until I found it one night by accident while channel surfing. I guess I picked up the movie about midway through and watched it to the end so I missed the beginning. I kind of had mixed emotions about it. It was kind of different--maybe a little strange/quirky at times, but it kept my interest although I admit I had to google what the movie was completely about. I do want to see the movie where she played a blind woman though. I forget the name of it, but I heard it talked about on the TV and Movie boards where it was discussed it was a thriller type of film. They say her acting in that was incredible and it was suspenseful.
Honored Contributor

LeoGrl, it's called "Wait Until Dark",  and it's really good, if scary in parts.  Turner Classic Movies shows it fairly often.  Hope you get to watch!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell @LeoGrl

Don't feel badly I've never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's either! But wait until dark is a really good film

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@AngelPuppy1

I bought the book at the Chapters bookstore in Canada, but I think you could find it at a Barnes and Noble in the U.S. Or buy it off of Amazon. Doing a google search with the book title will pull up booksellers and reviews of the book too.

I agree that Audrey Hepburn was so lovely inside and out. 

@TY

Thank you, I appreciate your help!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Thank you Oznell and Andreatoo! Yes that was it..."Wait Until Dark".
Esteemed Contributor

Two for the Road with Hepburn and Finney is one of my alltime favorites (loved her plus her wardrobe and the cars she drove in this movie).

Esteemed Contributor

@patbz

One of my favorite movies, but heart wrenching.

I feared the day I would understand this quote:

Mark Wallace: What kind of people just sit like that without a word to say to each other?

Joanna Wallace: Married people?