Esteemed Contributor

Audrey Hepburn - fashion icon

I bought a charming book today about Audrey Hepburn and the couturier who dressed her - Hubert de Givenchy. Audrey And Givenchy: A Fashion Love Affair by Cindy De La Hoz is a fun book with some nice full length photos of Audrey Hepburn in the Givenchy haute couture clothing from her various movies as well as her real life. If you collect books about Audrey, you'll like this book too.

But it's not just the clothes, it's the whole package. Look at her hair and makeup as well as her shoes and accessories. She never gets it wrong! She's always an elegant lady! No wonder she is a timeless style icon, even today.

Honored Contributor

Re: Audrey Hepburn - fashion icon

She looks beautiful in that photo. I'm sure some people here would want to kill me😉 but I had never seen Breakfast At Tiffany's so I rented it a few years ago. Couldn't even make it half way through, honestly I hated it. But she was lovely and very stylish.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Its funny-the other day a woman said when she saw me she thought I would fit right in with Mama Mia which she had just seen-"all breezy."

And I thought hmm, I think I would rather remind her of Audrey Hepburn!Woman LOL (even though I look nothing like her!)

She did always get it right. I think Jackie did too and Diana and Princess Grace.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Audrey_Hepburn_1956.jpg009-audrey-hepburn-theredlist.png 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

She looks beautiful in that photo. I'm sure some people here would want to kill me😉 but I had never seen Breakfast At Tiffany's so I rented it a few years ago. Couldn't even make it half way through, honestly I hated it. But she was lovely and very stylish.

I'm not crazy about that movie, although it was a favorite of hers. 

Have you seen Funny Face? She gets to be a fashion icon in that one and the story is more entertaining to me. And there's Sabrina. 

I also like Two for the Road, a serious adult drama about marriage. She wears some fabulous fashions in that one, too. And there's Albert Finney.

Respected Contributor

Loved some of the fashion she wore. Charade was a good example of the elegance and stylish look  of that time.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

I bought a charming book today about Audrey Hepburn and the couturier who dressed her - Hubert de Givenchy. Audrey And Givenchy: A Fashion Love Affair by Cindy De La Hoz is a fun book with some nice full length photos of Audrey Hepburn in the Givenchy haute couture clothing from her various movies as well as her real life. If you collect books about Audrey, you'll like this book too.

But it's not just the clothes, it's the whole package. Look at her hair and makeup as well as her shoes and accessories. She never gets it wrong! She's always an elegant lady! No wonder she is a timeless style icon, even today.

Thanks for sharing..she is my MOST favorite actress,dancer, activist..etc. I adore her..even share the same birthday! She was an awesome mother and adored animals..She had it all.You made my day...! A beautiful soul! When she died, Elizabeth Taylor said, Heaven has a new angel..! 

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

@TY

Awesome!  Where did you get the book if you don't mind my asking?  I just adore her!  She was so, so lovely.  And from what I have heard, she was a very caring and lovely person --- just as lovely on the inside, as out.  Her sense of fashion and style --- just impecable.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

I bought the book at the Chapters bookstore in Canada, but I think you could find it at a Barnes and Noble in the U.S. Or buy it off of Amazon. Doing a google search with the book title will pull up booksellers and reviews of the book too.

I agree that Audrey Hepburn was so lovely inside and out. 

Honored Contributor

I loved her clothes in Sabrina. The suit she wore when she came home and Bill Holden picked her up-was it at the train station- was just so lovely. And her could forget her gown-WOW!! 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man