Esteemed Contributor

Re: Audrey Hepburn - fashion icon

@ECBG wrote:

LOVED her in "My Fair Lady".

Image result for images of audrey hepburn in my fair lady

Me too! I'm watching "My Fair Lady" that I had recorded on TCM recently and Audrey looks like such an elegant princess in the ball gown. It's not only the dress but the hair and jewelry...I love it all!

Image result for My Fair Lady ball gown

Honored Contributor

She's definitely one of my favorites!

Wasn't QVC going to have replicas of her jewelry on at one time? I thought I remembered an article about that with her sons saying they would be selling her jewelry on QVC - maybe by the same vendor who sold replicas of Jacqueline Kennedy's jewelry? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@beach-mom wrote:

She's definitely one of my favorites!

Wasn't QVC going to have replicas of her jewelry on at one time? I thought I remembered an article about that with her sons saying they would be selling her jewelry on QVC - maybe by the same vendor who sold replicas of Jacqueline Kennedy's jewelry? 

HSN in the U.S. And TSC in Canada both sold the Audrey Hepburn jewelry collection for about a year or so and then it suddenly disappeared. It was made by Camrose and Kross, the manufacturers of the JBK line. Sean Ferrar was the vendor guest -- he's Audrey's oldest son. 

I don't know what happened to the line but I remember reading that Audrey's sons were in a legal dispute with each other and Sean was also in a legal dispute with Audrey's charity so maybe it was a money thing that ended the jewelry line. I don't know how well the line sold on shopping channels either as I don't think Audrey was well known for the jewelry she wore.

Edited to add a link to an older thread asking the same question about the jewelry line:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Jewelry/Why-did-the-Audrey-Hepburn-jewelry-line-disappear/m-p/3516237/h...

A lot of Audrey's belongings are going to be auctioned by Christie's later on this month. I wonder if this is because her son's who own her estate equally are fighting over it.

Try googling news articles about the auction:

From Harper's Bazaar  UK

http://www.harpersbazaar.co.uk/culture/culture-news/news/a43689/audrey-hepburn-private-collection-ch...