Honored Contributor

I saw your post saying you ordered them.  The blue shade with a solid matching top should look nice.  So what if you are slightly plump? Lots of people who are a little heavy dress very nice.  I wish QVC hired larger models.

Honored Contributor

I think the pants will be fine.  You already ordered, but I was going to suggest the d&c camo t shirt.  I recently bought in blue to wear with jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in my late 60s as well, and I had a hard time buying several pair of patterned pants in the spring - hard to get out of my "only plain black, navy or white pants" mode! But, I took the plunge and am glad I did. I got my courage up the first time I wore them, and was happy with them. It's not like you'll wear them daily...go for it! I agree that a longer tunic or fall sweatshirt would look perfect with them. I saw the photo of the blue camo and I think they look great, and I bet you'll love them!

Esteemed Contributor

A 1x size is usually not a size 20.  With that said, let's just stick to the actual size 20:

For this purpose I will assume you wear a 20 Women's rather than a 20 Missy's.

Image result for camouflage on plus size ladies

Don't look at her face or accessories.  Now, what would be wrong with this style for you?  Nothing.....

Wear whatever you want.  Don't worry about others.  Life is too short.  Enjoy your camoflouge style!

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

Re: Asking your opinions--my update and review

Quick shipping from QVC and I'm ready to comment. 

The blue camo pants arrived today!  The fit is perfect-- I bought these by looking carefully at the Click Here garment measurements and all the numbers worked. Fit in the waist with no gap, the hips without any sausage effect, the rise does the right things with my belly and bottom, and the straight legs were flatteringly fine. I guess that 28" inseam was long enough to obviate the ankle pants look on me. The hems reached my ankles with flat shoes/sneakers, not above at all, and I would have to roll the cuffs to turn them into ankle pants. As is, I am very pleased with the comfortable fit and the practical aspects of these pants being mostly like jeans. I happen to like the lightweight fabric. 

Now for the important part-- how's the camo look on my body and my perception of what's looking good on me?  Well, I am just delighted!  It is out of my usual solid, careful, preppy dressing style, but I found the camo muted enough to look cute and fresh without being too "young" for me. The blue combo of colors making the camo print are quiet, but not dull.  This time of year in steamy NY I won't be outdoors much in long pants (tried them on in a chilly air-conditioned room) but my try-on looks included a navy polo shirt and then a steel grey polo and finally a crisp white polo and each looked very sweet and neat with the camo print. T shirts of compatible colors looked a little down-dressed, but gave the camo outfit a more athletic look, if desired. I have loads of nice shirts and sweaters for cool weather wearing. The short story is they are cute on me without being faddish (or fattish, lol) or cutsie young. 

Bottom line THANK YOU, girlfriends, for my new mindset to try a new look, and for reminding me not to be overly self-conscious, and to please myself here and there. I washed my camo pants, they still look good and fit terrific, and I'm keeping them!  They're priced right if I get tired of camo in a couple of years and put them in the donation bag and they are just what I wanted when I was so much taken with camo. If you're on the fence like I was, go for it. I'm so glad I asked for opinions and got so many helpful answers. 

Honored Contributor

@gizmogal That's GREAT! Sounds like you are feeling good about your decision, I applaud you. Bet you look so good in them.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I am so happy for you!

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Quick shipping from QVC and I'm ready to comment. 

The blue camo pants arrived today!  The fit is perfect-- I bought these by looking carefully at the Click Here garment measurements and all the numbers worked. Fit in the waist with no gap, the hips without any sausage effect, the rise does the right things with my belly and bottom, and the straight legs were flatteringly fine. I guess that 28" inseam was long enough to obviate the ankle pants look on me. The hems reached my ankles with flat shoes/sneakers, not above at all, and I would have to roll the cuffs to turn them into ankle pants. As is, I am very pleased with the comfortable fit and the practical aspects of these pants being mostly like jeans. I happen to like the lightweight fabric. 

Now for the important part-- how's the camo look on my body and my perception of what's looking good on me?  Well, I am just delighted!  It is out of my usual solid, careful, preppy dressing style, but I found the camo muted enough to look cute and fresh without being too "young" for me. The blue combo of colors making the camo print are quiet, but not dull.  This time of year in steamy NY I won't be outdoors much in long pants (tried them on in a chilly air-conditioned room) but my try-on looks included a navy polo shirt and then a steel grey polo and finally a crisp white polo and each looked very sweet and neat with the camo print. T shirts of compatible colors looked a little down-dressed, but gave the camo outfit a more athletic look, if desired. I have loads of nice shirts and sweaters for cool weather wearing. The short story is they are cute on me without being faddish (or fattish, lol) or cutsie young. 

Bottom line THANK YOU, girlfriends, for my new mindset to try a new look, and for reminding me not to be overly self-conscious, and to please myself here and there. I washed my camo pants, they still look good and fit terrific, and I'm keeping them!  They're priced right if I get tired of camo in a couple of years and put them in the donation bag and they are just what I wanted when I was so much taken with camo. If you're on the fence like I was, go for it. I'm so glad I asked for opinions and got so many helpful answers. 

Hooray!! I am so happy for you that you're happy with your new fashion find!

Super Contributor

@gizmogal

That's great.. glad you like them and they fit great.   I plan to order more...

Trusted Contributor

@gizmogal: Ooh, I'm so glad you like them on yourself.

I have been eyeballing print bottoms, not camo, and have hesitated even trying them on....why, I don't know. Maybe out of my comfort zone. I'm a small or XS but have full thighs. Not out of proportion to the rest of my body but full, nonetheless. 

I love skinnies and look best in them as they make my legs look slimmer. But, printed ones have been something I've been shying away from even though I love them.

But now with your clear description and how you feel in them you've convinced me to at least try on a pair, for heaven's sake. 

So glad you're happy with them and how you look. You probably have a bit of a sassy walk now without realizing it.

Enjoy