Honored Contributor

Re: Asking for opinions please on a top.

@Still Raining wrote:

I would be cautious about the two navy colors being the same.

When I get yarn, I am always shocked how there is blue and then there is blue.

@crawford5153 

I agree with @Still Raining . I've noticed that while variations in other colors often work when trying to match, blue is difficult! A hair off in either direction is much more noticeable than let's say with a red or green when even a little off still works. For some reason it's different with blue (to my eye)

Honored Contributor

OP that is a pretty blouse!  I love navy clothes and wear a lot of head to toe navy.  I just like to be sure that the navys are the same.    

But I am not a sales clerk so what do I know.  I just know what I like. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I think the sleeves are too full underneath a blazer, JMHO.   The blouse is very pretty but too close in color to the navy blazer and would all blend together.  Do what you like.

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153   the liquid knit will make you sweat.  Take a look at JJill.  60% off sale prices.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

For that price just buy it.  You're not limited to wearing it under the blazer.

I saw on Louis's blog he said it wouldn't be his 1st choice & that you probably own  better options.

Valued Contributor

If you want to give your blazer outfit more of a modern look pop it with a bright solid color like coral, yellow or even aqua.  

If you stay with this floral it will date you and it looks matronly and boring.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

That top IMO, I would not put under a jacket.  It deserves to be featured.  It has big sleeves and embelishments.  At that price, if you like it, get it!  I like it too, just not something I would wear right now.  With a navy jacket, I would wear a contrast solid color, or maybe a sparse print (a no print print), like this white floral.  The navy on navy is kind of heavy.  And so is the liquid knit.  JMO

7A8FB583-B866-43F4-BD53-D328DAEB06B5.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I think it would work, but I agree with the possible concern over matching the blue in the top with the blue in the blazer. You don't need a perfect color match in items anymore, but different shades can sometimes look a bit "off". If you keep the blazer buttoned, it looks like most of the print will be hidden. I wear my blazers open so that wouldn't be an issue for me.