Honored Contributor

Re: Asking For A Credit on Price Difference?

@depglass wrote:

I think the "rule" is 30 days.  I have a different take on this, I don't want to discourage QVC from offering sale prices, so I don't ask.  I also don't check very often, I guess I don't want to know.  If I discover by accident, I swallow hard and let it go.

What?????  This tells me you are not an astute shopper. You actually PREFER to pay a higher price? 

I always track my purchases and request refunds for price reductions with every retailer-,online & B&M. QVC, HSN, Evine, NM,, Nordstrom, Target etc Not all retailers give you 30 days. I think Target is 14 days. Recently recd $25 credit from HSN.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Many retailers will make a price adjustment within a set time limit (it varies).  I usually don't go back and check prices on items which I've already purchased.  If I find out, it's  by some other means (such as when pop-ups of items one has searched appear on the corners of your internet screen), otherwise, I wouldn't know my item's price had changed.  I do think HSN's alerts are good for those like me.  I often heart items which I like and/or purchase, therefore if the price changes, they tell me there's been a change in price of a favorite.   

Honored Contributor

I think a week from the date when you ordered the item would be reasonable.  Although, personally I don't think would even think of doing something like that.