Respected Contributor

Family outing! The Queen was joined by senior royals including Sophie Wessex at Royal Ascot this afternoon

VIP: Queen Maxima of the Netherlands, right, was given the honour of sitting beside the Queen in her carriage this afternoon

Royal arrival: The Duchess of Cambridge and the Duchess of Cornwall arrived in a carriage with William and Charles

Race day ready: Prince Charles and the Duke of Cambridge both smiled as they arrived for Royal Ascot this afternoon

princess anne royal ascot carriage 2019

Sophie, Countess of Wessex arrives at Royal Ascot today

Pair of Princesses: Eugenie, left, and Beatrice, right, arrived for the royal procession in the back of a carriage together

Respected Contributor

@lmt those umbrellas the gentlemen carry come in handy!

@ms traditional  They sure do! It's not unusual to see umbrellas at Ascot and the garden parties the Queen throws every year. Someone posted awhile back that their weather can sometimes change very quickly.

I can't imagine how those ladies walk in wet grass with such high heels!!

Respected Contributor

I love Kate’s dress...just don’t care for the neck tie/bow.  It has a 40s vintage vibe.  Love the fabric and the beautiful color, too.

Respected Contributor

I really don't think it possible that Kate could look any other way but impeccably dressed for whatever occasion she is attending.  I think she looks gorgeous.  She is just a naturally beautiful woman, not overdone in any way.  She never takes a bad photo.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor
Eugenie is my pic for best dressed.
Trusted Contributor

@lmt wrote:

@lmt those umbrellas the gentlemen carry come in handy!

@ms traditional  They sure do! It's not unusual to see umbrellas at Ascot and the garden parties the Queen throws every year. Someone posted awhile back that their weather can sometimes change very quickly.

I can't imagine how those ladies walk in wet grass with such high heels!!

@lmt I was thinking the same thing about wearing heels in the grass, especially in the rain.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Respected Contributor

Kate looks feminine and ladylike......love her dress and especially the color.

Really like the Queen's hat.....a bit different for her.

Super Contributor

That hat the Queen wears is just cute as button, I would call it "Jaunty".  I love it for her, it shows her face so much more than the the squished top hat.  She really seems happy today, I really think she has always loved the ponys.

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I love how the Queen, Kate, Beatrice, Eugenie and Zara are co-ordinated in shades of blue. Do they email each other or ring each other up and gab about what they're wearing?LOL!!  Smiley LOL

The Queen looks so nice in blue. I especially love the different shades of blue with the flowers on her hat. 

This is a nice dress for Kate. I love the color and the bottom part of her dress. But I don't like the bow at all. I think it throws the whole look off. Take it away and the dress would look so much better.

I noticed that as well and made me smile to think of phone calls, emails or memos that lead to that.  It is sweet whether planned or just accidental.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Regarding Kate's dress, I guess I'm on "Team Dumpy", second only to Beatrice's dress which she must have borrowed from someone's great grandmother.  Awful.

Zara looks great.