Esteemed Contributor

First, let me say they all--men and women--look great. But it seems like these functions happen with great frequency. It makes me wonder if Kate, sitting across the pond, ever says "Oh how I envy magicmoodz. She comes home, puts on shorts and a tank, makes a Negroni and hangs out on her patio.

Hmmm, probably not.😆😆😆

Respected Contributor

@ms traditonal Did I miss something or is the color this year blue?

Respected Contributor

@tobes wrote:

@ms traditonal Did I miss something or is the color this year blue?

!!!   it seems like it -  it flatters any and all and feels spring-y. @tobes 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the wonderful photos!!!!

Her Majesty looks particularly lovely in blue.  And, I love the varios shades of blue worn by the other royals.  The hats are my favorite accessories!!!

Honored Contributor

I dont' think that big flower on Kate's hat works underneath that large of a brim.  That "inside" flower was a novelty when she first wore it, and it looks better with fascinators.  I'm "over" it now though ... she has too many hats with that and IMO it looks odd under the Ascot hat (like a cauliflower growing near her ear or something).   I've liked it on other hats but she needs a new "novelty" for a hat now - I'm so over that inside the hat flower.

Love her dress!  

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

the Queen is out and about again today!

Kate Middleton Queen Elizabeth Prince William

I think Kate looks lovely in the dress.  Yes, it's very conservative, but with her long lean body she keeps it from looking "dumpy" or Old.  Ascot is a very conservative and traditional venue (no fascinators in the Royal Enclave!!!) and she's dressed for it.  She and William look fabulous together.

And I think the Queen looks wonderful!

Honored Contributor

I love all the light blue. The Queen looks amazing.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

To me what people sometimes downgrade Kate for in her appearance is what I see as a woman of her age who is comfortable being a woman of her age.

I think in this country we are now so used to Hollywood and women like Jennifer Aniston striving so hard to look eternally 25 that is shocking almost to see a woman who is comfortable being a not-really-young/ingenue WOMAN.  We have little opportunity to observe that in the U.S.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Sister, sister! Princess Eugenie wore a dress by Calvin Klein while Princess Beatrice (right, left image) wore a Maje dress and Bundle MacLaren hat

The girl on the right - I get the names mixed up - is dressed too old and matronly for her age.  This dress looks like something a much older lady would wear.  Doesn't do her any justice at all.

Respected Contributor

I love seeing them all dressed up. These pics of the beautiful Queen remind me of my English Nan.  Lol, she was a cross between the Quuen and Hyacinth Bucket.  Always dressed like them and always wore hats!