Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

And I am now retired, I do think need to dress up to the nines,I was when I was younger quite the fashion diva.always like to look Shar

But now I am more A casual dresser  but still like to look good .I bought sone beautiful quilted sweat shirts from. Jcp and some nice tees.

Recently  bought  some dream jeans ,which I liked a lot very comfortable. What I did not know (my faul)  was they are hand wash VERY HARD TO DO AS THEY GET VERY HEAVY.

DRY out  line...stupid me I should have look at WASHING INSTRUCTION first .  

Valued Contributor

I have never in my life hand washed anything!  I always wash in cold water, gentle cycle, lay flat to dry and everything turns out just fine.  I believe that the manufacturers use "hand wash" so that people don't throw in a delicate sweater with a load of jeans.  It's all common sense.

Honored Contributor

I've owned Dream Jeannes since they were first on air and have never hand washed them.  I turn them inside out and wash in cold water on regular cycle, usually using Dreft which is gentle and I think holds the color in best of all detergents.  I do not put my in the dryer - I hang them to dry which usually takes two days so I don't wash them when I need them the next day.  I've lost a few stones from the heart on the front near the waist, but never any other stones.  Don't hand wash tme but do turn them inside out.

Respected Contributor

@blueskys wrote:

And I am now retired, I do think need to dress up to the nines,I was when I was younger quite the fashion diva.always like to look Shar

But now I am more A casual dresser  but still like to look good .I bought sone beautiful quilted sweat shirts from. Jcp and some nice tees.

Recently  bought  some dream jeans ,which I liked a lot very comfortable. What I did not know (my faul)  was they are hand wash VERY HARD TO DO AS THEY GET VERY HEAVY.

DRY out  line...stupid me I should have look at WASHING INSTRUCTION first .

You can machine wash Dream Jeannes; I always do and they come out great.  I wash in cold water, turn them inside out and line dry. 

Honored Contributor

Re: As i mature

[ Edited ]

@Chrystaltree2@blueskys

Another vote right here for not handwashing Dream Jeannes... after they spin in the washer they wouldn't be as heavy to hand as when they are wet-wet from handwashing, don't you think?

Don't handwash, would be my thought

I put them in an old, zippered pillowcase, too.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Even when I understand why care labels say what they do, lots of times I just care for my clothes with the common sense that comes with experience.

And then, there are the surprises.  I have a QF fleece top from more than 10 years back and I think yesterday must have been the first time, I've read the care label-- coolwash, hang to dry.  Of course, I've been tossing that top into my washer with warm water and drying it in my dryer for all the years I've owned it!  Repeated that yesterday, too.  Just not changing what works.

Honored Contributor

The reason for hand washing on the Dream Jeannes are the crystals on the stupid heart.  I really y don't care if they all fall off, I'm going to machine wash and dry my pants along with the rest of the wash.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

A note about hand washing:  when you do have something that truly requires hand washing, you can squeeze out the excess water, put the item into a mesh bag or a pillowcase pinned closed, & put into the washer.  Just run it through a gentle spin cycle only & that will help a lot to get most of the water out of it.

Trusted Contributor

@blueskys    Just turn the inside out and wash on gentle cycle....they will be just fine.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own any of the Dream Jeanne's (or whatever the name is), but I have heard Angel address this issue during different presentations. She says she never hand washes hers, just turns inside out and washes on gentle. Good enough for her would be good enough for me. The only thing I hand wash is the one silk shirt left in my wardrobe.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop