Valued Contributor

As Is items? that are defective? Shipping and handling??

Hi Girls, 

Well I assume that most of us are girls, women or ladies??? lol 

I purchased an "As Is" Amy Kestenberg handbag.  It was damaged, defective, whatever you want to call it.  It had blue denim dye all over both sides.  I had to return the bag.  I just emailed QVC regarding my refund and they have deducted for shipping and handling? I thought if you got a defective item, and I stated as such on my return slip, you shoudn't have to pay those charges?

Does anyone know how this works?  Thanks to anyone that might have an answer for me???

Esteemed Contributor

Re: As Is items? that are defective? Shipping and handling??

When I receive damaged merchandise, I call QVC customer service to report the problem. They will note that information on my order status. I then attach a note to my return slip, confirming my conversation and reiterating that I am not to be charged for postage and handling. It works for me.
Valued Contributor

Well I did call customer service and she said to mark it defective which I did. I guess I will have to email them again.  Thanks for the information.  It might help anyone in the same situation. 

Trusted Contributor

That works for me too,or usually. I will always call customer service to let them know I'm returning a defective item. When I check order status to see if the item has been received,and check refund total, it has happened that the s&h charge was deducted. Then I call customer service, explain why the return, and then the amount gets credited back. And then I get an email usually the next day of the s&h refund.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I purchase "as is" products from QVC many times. I have never had a problem with them being defective. However, when I order "as is" items, it is clearly indicated that they may not be new in top-notch condition, which makes sense. Those products have been used in one way or another. Perhaps it was used as a display on the show, carried/worn by the models, returned because a customer didn't like it as much as they thought it would be, etc. So you take a chance.

But you mentioned the Kastenberg line. I purchased Aimee's handbag (Dehilla black/white snake) as new. When I got it there was a transfer of the black color onto part of the white area. Very faint, but I figured if I was paying the full price for a new bag and not "as is," I could expect it to be in very good condition, color-wise.

I returned the bag and noted that it was defective and I wanted another one. I had read on other posts that they do not charge you if you say it is defective and you want a replacement of the same item. They sent me a new one which didn't have the color bleeding into another color's area, and they did not charge me for sending me a new one.

I chose not to use their return label, which I believe was at least $6.95 for shipping, and I sent it by the least expensive amount from the post office, which I recall was around $3. It was worth that small amount to get exactly what I wanted. They did not give me a refund on the money I spent to return it; there was no credit on my account for that.

Honored Contributor

If you call, they will refund the shipping.  Sometimes they make a mistake processing returns.

Honored Contributor

If you return a defective item, you have to call and tell CS to refund your shipping. I think they have monkeys who cant read processing returns.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

Hello Cookie06, instead of emailing, I would call customer service.  When you made your first call regarding the bag, they should have made note on your account, so the person you speak to now will be able to see this info and see that it wasn't done like it should have been.  Anyway I know it is easier to email, but to make sure they correct your account I would call.  I have purchased many "As Is" items, and yes a couple have been defective.  C.S. has always made it right, they are usually very helpful.  Good Luck