Contributor

I have ordered only about 4 "as is" items over 20 years and they were all perfectly fine, like new. Only one was clothing, I just ordered a second clothing item "as is" today but I'm concerned about getting a soiled customer return. It was the only size and color available but it's something I've had in my wish list.

Has anyone has less than great results from ordering clothing or shoes "as is" on the Q?

Respected Contributor

I have always had good results.  Others have posted not-such-good feedback, however.  Honestly, I think it is case-by-case.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I've consistently had good results with 'as is' shoes; clothing is a hit or miss.  My expereince with clothing is more varied- when it had been a tsv- the 'as is' item is terrific.  There must be a lot of cancelled orders, credit cards that didn't go through, etc.

Honored Contributor

Funny you post this today.  I order from as-is all the time.  Yesterday, I received my first fashion problem.

I ordered a Joan Rivers sweater in an ivory color.  The sweater is very basic but it's cute.  Unfortunately, it had pulls and picks all over it and it has tiny black speckles of something all over it, almost like little ink marks.  At first I thought it was just a speck of a black thread but it's in the material and then I noticed them everywhere.

The sweater still had extra thread attached so I don't believe someone wore it, ruined it and returned it.  I would have tried an exchange but it's completely sold out so I'm just returning it.   

Honored Contributor

4 of 5 "As Is" purchases ever ordered were received in like new condition.  One was damaged from what looked like poor packing.  

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered an “as is” dress and it was in perfect condition.  I just ordered an “as is” top but haven’t received it yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

Super Contributor

Re: As Is Fashion Feedback

[ Edited ]

For what it’s worth...I’ve probably ordered 25  or more as is clothing items and never had a problem. Really all I buy any more. Or lunchtime/primetime specials.

Trusted Contributor

I have ordered many As Is from clothing to handbags to home decor and Christmas of course. Been with the Q since 1993. Everything I recieved was in excellent condition with the exception of one handbag and one top. I have been very pleased. Most items arrive new and never been opened.

Trusted Contributor

I've had mixed results and have found there's no predicting. Some just great, others I sent back. It just depends.

Contributor

Thanks for all the responses!!

I'm hoping for a perfect item.

I too order many lunch time and prime time specials....I like the lower prices.