Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

Those are so classically funky looking, they look expensive.

They are, but not outrageously so.  $295.00  They come in all colors.  With shearlng or without.  But I like the shearling.  All shoes are in department stores.   Rag & Bone shoes are usually made in Italy or Spain.  These are strong shoes.  Very tough.

RAG & BONE Lake Bell Look 5

RAG & BONE Lake Bell Look 7

@songbird, perhaps I'm being presumptuous, but $295 for sneakers is "outrageously" expensive for a vast majority, even some who wouldn't blink at spending that much on other types of shoes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: Army Sneakers

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

They are, but not outrageously so.  $295.00  They come in all colors.  With shearlng or without.  But I like the shearling.  All shoes are in department stores.   Rag & Bone shoes are usually made in Italy or Spain.  These are strong shoes.  Very tough.

@songbird, perhaps I'm being presumptuous, but $295 for sneakers is "outrageously" expensive for a vast majority, even some who wouldn't blink at spending that much on other types of shoes.

By outrageously so I meant $1,295.00.  the price of some shoes at Nordstrom

EDIT:  Found out the origins of the name!  Yes they were army trainers.  (What we call sneakers, in Europe they were called either Plimsoll or trainers.)  In the German Army, they created Army trainers for the troops.  Rubber soled leather shoes.  So Army sneakers were around, not our Army, but the German Army.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

By outrageously so I meant $1,295.00.  the price of some shoes at Nordstrom

EDIT:  Found out the origins of the name!  Yes they were army trainers.  (What we call sneakers, in Europe they were called either Plimsoll or trainers.)  In the German Army, they created Army trainers for the troops.  Rubber soled leather shoes.  So Army sneakers were around, not our Army, but the German Army.

@songbird, because you can find sneakers for $1, 295 at Nordstrom and probably even higher out there really doesn't matter. I mean, if they sold a sneaker for a couple grand, would that make the $1,295 any less outrageous? Rhetorical question, of course. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland