Respected Contributor

OK, I would so not wear this. She actually pulled it off nicely though...

Love that coat! Now, that, I would wear.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I would never think of putting them together on my own.  I do like it though.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

I don't think I would have thought to put that outfit together but I actually like it a lot.  

Valued Contributor

NOT a fan of argyle or plaid, but I DO love the coat.

Honored Contributor

I would wear the pants and the coat with a solid navy or black turtle neck.  

Respected Contributor

I saw a promo for the Colbert show last night stating Emily Blunt was to be on, and lo and behold, she was wearing the same argyle sweater and plaid pants, but no coat.  The coat pulled the outfit together, it looks less polished without it.  I didn't like it at all without the coat.  I think the outfit falls into the category of "Bold Fashion Choice", and leave it at that.

Respected Contributor

I would NEVER wear plaid pants, with argyle or anything else. They would look horrible on me.

Emily looks really nice in this outift. I don't know how she pulls off these two different combinations, but she does. Green looks very nice with her coloring. I also LOVE the green coat.

Esteemed Contributor

It's OK....don't love it but then I don't hate it either.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

I saw a promo for the Colbert show last night stating Emily Blunt was to be on, and lo and behold, she was wearing the same argyle sweater and plaid pants, but no coat.  The coat pulled the outfit together, it looks less polished without it.  I didn't like it at all without the coat.  I think the outfit falls into the category of "Bold Fashion Choice", and leave it at that.

Yes, she was wearing it last night on the show. The photo looks as though it may have been taken as she was leaving the theatre after the taping. Makes sense that she wouldn't be wearing the coat for an on air appearance!

Honored Contributor

I think it looks very good together.  Love the colors too.

kindness is strength