Trusted Contributor

I couldn’t carry it off but love the whole look

Esteemed Contributor

Heck no.

Honored Contributor

It looks good on her.

Honored Contributor
Yes - I am a fan of black watch plaid. Navy and dark green both are okay colors do me. Argyle is sort of like a diagonal plaid. They work well togetherness.
Respected Contributor

Black watch plaid has been a favorite of mine since I was about 10 and got a part of black watch plaid pants.  I later had a black watch plaid wool dress and a black watch plaid coat years ago that I still remember.  Had many iems in the years since and today have 5 items I can think of, one being a part of pumps.  I have also bought DH several black watch plaid sweaters and shirts.

So yes, I love this outfit and I would wear it.  I also like the coat.  Green is my favorite color (navy not so much unless is it part of black watch plaid) so the green coat really appeals to me.

Super Contributor

I think it looks great especially since the colors are of cool and dark tone. The coat finishes off the look exquisitely. It is a trend to wear print on print as long as its same style of print and matching colors like in this one I think it looks chic.

Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21, I love the look and may have worn in back in the day!  As others have said, the colors matching between the two prints and their relative scale make it pleasing to the eye for me.  Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

Ms. Blunt looks fabulous, and the scale of both plaids, as well as the major colors used match quite well, but if you put that outfit on me, even if I was in my COFFIN, I would RISE UP and take it off, and go to my grave the way I came into the world!  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

No I wouldn't wear argyle plaid and black watch plaid together. But clearly Emily can sort of carry this look off although the pants are pulling at the top of her thighs when she walks. The pants are a throwback to the 70s with the tight fit across the hips and thighs and the flared leg bottoms. The whole color scheme looks good though.

Honored Contributor

Wore lots of Pendleton thru "school days"......but not since.

♥Surface of the Sun♥