Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 nantucket shore said:

Of course, you are at Nordstom's, the clerks/fitting room attendants are "front and center" towards the customer. Yes, she went to get them.

You are correct.

Honored Contributor

At Coldwater Creek, the associates always start a dressing room and bring new and different items for you to try on. Other stores do as well.

I would never demand that kind of attention, but I do appreciate it when someone offers.

Honored Contributor

A tip would have been nice.

Contributor
On 4/7/2014 brewhaha said:

A tip would have been nice.

You're kidding. Aren't you?
Honored Contributor
On 4/7/2014 Carmie said:

At Coldwater Creek, the associates always start a dressing room and bring new and different items for you to try on. Other stores do as well.

I would never demand that kind of attention, but I do appreciate it when someone offers.

Same here. I really do appreciate it when they offer.

Valued Contributor
On 4/7/2014 nantucket shore said:

Of course, you are at Nordstom's, the clerks/fitting room attendants are "front and center" towards the customer. Yes, she went to get them.

ITA. I expect that type of service at Nordstrom's, Talbots, Coldwater Creek, etc. it's tough enough sometimes to get into a fitting room. Why would I give it up? Also, leaving the dressing room to go back out on the floor can be dangerous. I saw one Eddie Bauer clerk empty a dressing room, taking an older woman's clothes, purse, shoes, etc. Definitely a find-it-yourself operation. He was not receptive when she came back confused and frightened because her clothes and belongings were gone.
Honored Contributor

Well, I don't shop in stores much anymore, but I do go with my youngest daughter. We marathon shop. She picks it out and I pay for it. I enjoy doing it.

Anyway, I always have to sit down because of my back. The sales people don't know that my back is bad but they usually tell my daughter "Tell me the size you need and I'll get it".

If they don't then I go and get it for her. I don't see what the problem is. They usually are familiar with the store and where things are located, much more so than I am.

I never thought I was insulting them nor does my daughter. I've actually had them say, "Let me get it. I'm going crazy putting these clothes back on the hangers over and over."

Super Contributor
I worked in a nice thrift store in Palm Desert and the ""bathroom"" incident described by the other poster happened to us three times in different ways. Unbelievable!
Super Contributor

Nordstrom's for sure will bring items to you. Back a few years ago I was shopping for a new interview suit and other items. The SA was so wonderful and brought in items I wouldn't have necessarily selected myself but worked. She made a big sale that day.

Super Contributor

CJ Banks is another one that will start a room for you, and check to see how you're doing, and if you need or want anything, yet in our store, I don't feel high pressure. Several of the women have been there a long time, and one in particular I've found I appreciate her critiquing things. I've tested her to see if she'll say something looks good just to get a sale, and she does not. If it doesn't fit quite as it should, she will be (nicely) honest, which is most appreciated!