Honored Contributor

Re: Are you more likely to wait for reviews before ordering?

Nope. IMO the reviews are useless.

Respected Contributor

I always read reviews first if they are available. If they are not available and I really want it, I'll try to find a similar style in the same brand that has reviews. The main thing I look for is how something fits.

I do agree most reviews are useless, but many are not. It's not helpful if someone thought it was "so cute" or "loved it" or "hated it, sending back!" I want specific information on their height, weight, and weight distribution, and how it fit in relation to their regular size (did they size up or down?). That is much more helpful.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

i look at the reviews of anything before i purchase online and in a store too!

Respected Contributor

I agree that many reviews are useless...some don't even make sense.  I do look for comments regarding problems with laundering, shrinkage, etc.  Also, I find it helpful to know if reviewers felt the item was true to their normal QVC size.  I don't make the decision to order solely based on reviews.  I prefer to read comments on the "My Favorite Brand" boards,  The Linea and Logo ladies are always very helpful.

Super Contributor

No, I never wait for reviews.  As a size 3x and 11w shoe, if I wait for reviews my size and preferred color will likely be gone.  Most reviews don't help me much anyways.  When the regular sizes talk about the fit/sizing of a garment,  it really doesn't translate well to the plus sizes.  When I do read reviews, I am looking for how the fabric performs over time...pilling, fading, etc. 

I also order without concern for return shipping costs because I save all my returns for the month then send them all back in the same package.  On the last free shipping day, I ordered 6 pairs of shoes to try on.  Ended up returning 4 pair plus a couple of tops using a small moving box for one return label fee of $6.95.

Esteemed Contributor

I like to judge things for myself, so NO, I rarely allow reviews to influence my purchasing decision.  The exception for me is when an item has a high number of negative reviews and the same issues are consistently cited.   Even with that I have ordered items with bad reviews and not regretted the purchase.