Respected Contributor

Are you more likely to wait for reviews before ordering?

Since I am trying to be more selective about the things I order and due to the cost of returns, I have been trying hard to wait for reviews before ordering a new item.  In the past, I was quick to order something that was new.  I guess I got caught up in the "only order of the year" hype and/or I just became an impulse buyer. If I wait for reviews, I'm more likely to get what I want and avoid the problems that some items have.  Anyone else trying to change your "ordering behaviors"?

Respected Contributor

Re: Are you more likely to wait for reviews before ordering?

I'm hesitant to do that because many times I wait on something that I really like and by the time I get around to ordering, it is no longer available. Something of a quandary for sure as it can be a hassle to return things.

Occasional Contributor

I try to find reviews on other sites if they aren't here first. I also research the brand reputation and warranty very well before ordering. 

Contributor

I am doing this as well.  Too many things I have ordered when they were brand new, only order or whatever.  I would much rather read the reviews before I order and if it costs me a little more (one time only) I am ok withh that as there is a lot less likely to have to pay those high return cost or wait such a long time to have the credit applied.  If I miss out, I just figure it was not meant to be.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy
Honored Contributor

If I'm buying clothes, I don't go by reviews.  I don't find most of them specific enough to be helpful. 

Honored Contributor

I don't depend on reviews at all.  I like to be among the first to write one.  I do lean heavily on the "click here" measurements  and won't buy unless I can study them first.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm my own woman and can tell if something is gonna work on me or not.

Don't need any one to tell me anything. 

Super Contributor

I have been ordering a long time and tried many brands at the Q.  Frankly, I have eliminated some brands that after several attempts, they are not right for me and thus too many returns.  I now only  buy four brands of clothing.  Based on experience I know how to order the proper size based on fabric and style.  Some brands I order a medium, some a large, some an extra large.   I have  learned through trial and error.  Rarely do I return items anymore because of size.  Now that I have mastered the art of buying on line, it is where I do a big percentage of my clothing buying.  I always read reviews because input is helpful but most of the time I will order “new today” on my four brands. I still have returns, but very little. 

Honored Contributor

No .... I generally don't bother with reading reviews.  If I don't know the reviewer, I can't  determine the criteria they used in their review.

Respected Contributor

I check reviews on almost EVERYTHING. Even if I am making a purchase in B&M stores, I will look for reviews before shopping. I find many items are reviewed on Amazon, even if I am not purchasing there, I will check there for reviews.