Honored Contributor

I have dozens of logo...some from when she first came to Q.  Nothing has pilled.

Trying to downsize my wardrobe, so I watch for LTS, PTS and ODO.

I agree with the others who said let people purchase what they want!

I would NEVER pay that amount of money for a Junior's Cheesecake.  Not that they are not good or worth it, but because I make a MEAN cheesecake of my own!  It's my thing.

However, I won't hesitate to spend the money on the Salmon and Sea bass.  I have never found that quality fish locally.

To each their own.

QVC will sell what sells.  Period.

Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

@manny2  ITA.  I can afford many items that QVC sells but see my thread about Marshalls.  It is more important for me to get "bang for my buck."  Even $70 for 2 pieces is not what I call value.

I see the "convenience" for those who live in the middle of nowhere or cannot easily get out, but all retailers have websites now so QVC/HSN, etc. are slowly becoming obsolete, IMO.

You are right on the money. If you watched the early days of both QVC, and HSN many of the callers were handicapped people unable to get out, or people that lived in the middle of nowhere. Now there are so many options with other retailers. They are obsolete, and they better reinvent the wheel. Shipping charges are outrageous, and I don't see a huge savings period. 

@manny2 

Have you looked at Lunchtime specials, one day only, and primetime special items?

I have gotten some tremendous savings there, tops for less than I would pay at Wally even with the shipping.  Some items over $30 less than reg QVC pricing.

Honored Contributor

Whether something is reasonably priced or not depends on the quality for that price.  I wouldn't pay $70 for something if it's low quality, not worth the price, but would spend that and more if it's worth it.  

But, how do you know whether the price is worth it?  I  frequently examined clothing at all price ranges in retail  stores just to make sure I wasn't expecting too much.    So, I looked at low to high end pricing and did a quality comparison.  I came to the conclusion, generally, "You only get what you pay for" to some extent excluding sales and clearances.  

There's a huge difference between lower, medium and high end quality.  Generally, pricing reflects that.  

Respected Contributor
I would rather stab myself than scavenge through a Marshall’s or a TJMaxx for bargains. My time is too valuable. I like I can scroll through QVC and see a few curated items that may or may not pique my interest.
Honored Contributor

I shop Von Maur. I think nothing of spending $60ish for a top. I consider that pretty much a bargain. Love their styles and their customer service! Can't be beat! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Since I am quite oddly shaped (short, overweight/obese, L O N G waisted, long armed, short legged, no necked) there are many LOGO pieces that I don’t choose, BUT I LOVE LOGO Lavish, and often pick up a piece or two when I see them.

I just bought one of the very eye catching embellished dusters for a gift for someone I love dearly who is tall and statuesque, and can’t wait to see it on her.

I have bought Koos and Quacker, and enjoy wearing them. I still regret that I missed Indigo Moon, but at the time, the wonderful imaginative jackets didn’t mesh with my lifestyle.

I’m really not adverse to the vents about personal taste, because I just don’t care what someone else thinks is grotesque fashion wise. I dress MYSELF, I spend MY money, I honestly DON’T CARE what someone else wears or doesn’t, as long as THEY are happy and content with themselves and don’t attempt to impose too loudly on me.

EVERYONE, hope the sun shines on your day!!

Honored Contributor

I just do't see the point in worrying about what other people buy. I buy what I like, and so does evyeone else

Worrying about yourself ,and let others do the same. It is silly to compare yourself to others

Live and let live. It is far better than being a dictator

Super Contributor

Don't think anyone commenting on this subject is "worrying" about someone else is spending. It's a point of view. Q=quality, sometimes. V=Value, not so much. C=convenience, no more than others anymore.

Honored Contributor

Sure they are, I see it all the time..

Respected Contributor

@colover wrote:

Don't think anyone commenting on this subject is "worrying" about someone else is spending. It's a point of view. Q=quality, sometimes. V=Value, not so much. C=convenience, no more than others anymore.

Yes.  Agree!  If the money spent does not relate to value, it's not a deal.  I totally disagree that price points determine that value.  That's no longer true.