Respected Contributor

Re: Are you interested in buying the used items Q sells?

Valued Contributor

I have to say , I’ve bought “as is” clothing before and have never had a problem . Mine were probably used on air for demo . Never a smell, rip, or dirty...

Think about how many people try on clothes in a store , before you buy them .

Honored Contributor

Even the pre-owned pricetag is too much for me.  But, I don't see it any different as buying from some of the upscale consignment places like PoshMark that only accept designer goods.  The closest I ever get to designer clothing is an occasional Ralph Lauren on sale, so I am not their target customer.

Honored Contributor

A couple of times, I bought as-is items  .... pants. No problems.

I wash everything  I  buy before I wear it - so far, no cooties!     Smiley Wink  Smiley Wink  Smiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

@SewHappy2 wrote:

I see now QVC is selling used scarves in addition to the used handbags they have featured.  I wonder if they are going to expand into other used items.

What do you think?  Will you buy these things?

@SewHappy2 I think it has nothing to do with me.  Lots of ladies here buy from thrift shops.  I don't have a problem with that.  Do you?  Do you see this as an issue?

Esteemed Contributor

I'm curious as to where they are getting their inventory for this?  I think Dilliards also sells previously owned designer handbags in their stores (and maybe other items too).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

QVC partners with LXR and Co which sources and authenticates the pre-owned items.

"LXRandCo is a socially responsible, digital-first omni-channel retailer of authenticated pre-owned handbags and personal accessories."

Respected Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm curious as to where they are getting their inventory for this?  I think Dilliards also sells previously owned designer handbags in their stores (and maybe other items too).

The inventory is curated by LXRandCo

"As expert curators of the world's best luxury goods, LXR prides themselves on their rigorous authenticity protocol. Every product they acquire has undergone a thorough multi-step control check by master authenticators to meet the highest standards of excellence."

From QVC website. Information provided by LXRandCo.

Where does LXR get the products from?

"Owned Inventory: Unlike consignment retailers, we purchase our products outright through private auctions, individual collections, and directly from clients. We stand behind each and every carefully selected piece in our collection. "

From LXR website.

Honored Contributor

"As-is" and "previously owned' are two completely different things. I've bought as-is items in the past, but not recently. Typically, I had good luck, though there were one or two I sent back. I limited my choices to non-clothing items like handbags or jewelry. As for the pre-owned luxury items, I've never purchased them but I would. I find the prices high, even given 'designer' status. Another fly in the ointment is QVC's insistence on overcharging for shipping. If you're forking over hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a handbag, surely they can afford to pick up the shipping. I will say, from the photographs, the designer bags they offer appear to be pristine, as well they should for the prices being charged.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've purchased "as is" clothing from QVC in the past without any issues. Good deals! 

I haven't heard about the "Used" items. If it's mainly designer handbags and scarves, that's not my thing so I'm not interested. 

I started shopping at local consignment stores a few years ago. Went in one on a whim one day after not finding anything in a few local department stores. I found several nice things to try on, bought a few, and spent very little. Originally, the idea of wearing someone else's clothing creeped me out, but I got over that quickly.